Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hey all,

I'm Nikolay and am living in the Oxford area (Abingdon) and am a student at Reading Uni (part of Reading Airsoft Soc). Other than Airsoft, I have been training parkour for about 4 years or so and have grown up with camping and outdoorsmany type things, which all makes mil-sim really interesting to me. I have also been looking around for a decent UK classifieds forum for a while now and am glad I have found one so active! Somehow both the guns I've stumbled accross and now own are pretty rare, special edition guns (a tm HK51 and a maruzen GBB micro-uzi with folding metal stock (MU-12000)) which I hope to get valued once I have some decent pics.

I am very interested in seeing if there are any locals around on the forums, as I am lucky enough to have a nice choice of sites to make a home in, including GASS, XSite, Absolute, and Ambush Wargames.com/ to name a few which I have found so far.

Have yet to visit any of those yet, so any hints or reviews on any of those would be awesome. It's a pain in the ass to try to get to skirmishes, when you do not drive AND are trying to get others to give it a go as well.

Anyway, one site reveiw I CAN give is of UCAP near Portsmouth.

Located under fort Southwick, it is a maze of dimly lit, ex-army bunker underground tunnels, almost engulfed in darkness in some place. As you can imagine, it is one of the most atmospheric sites you can go to, where all the tunnels are domed, cramped and claustrophobic, amplifying every sound. Flashbangs are both fun and terrifying at the same time, hehe :P.

The site also knew how to keep you on your toes with a large mix of props, from toung-in-cheek humour like the animal testing lab which was full of cages with stuffed animals, to the terrifying toilet blocks which are a narrow corridor with 8-10 cubicals, actually pitch black, minus your torch light and clearing them made for one of the most tense moments I've ever had.

The darkness in a cqb setting is also really hard to explain, without having tried it. There were times when I had a person approach me, very slowly with a torch on me, who still did not see me in open ground, even after I opened up on him, missed, paused without moving until he started his approach again, then finally I finished the job. Another less professional moment had to be when one of the marshals whispered to us that there were enemies just round the corner, so we prepared 2 flash bangs, chucked it in, had two screaming girls run out of there, who we mowed down... THEN we remembered that all of the girls were on our team. Duh...

The games we played there were nothing really special, settings-wise as it was just a uni outing of about 18 people (2 teams of 9 spread about a mile of pitch black tunnels, go figgure), but were very varied, including games of 'get the ammo container', 'guard the control room', 'zombies!', 'guide the president' and 'locate the hostages'. Apparently they do milsim there as well though and have 60-80 person games there, which I would LOVE to try some day.

Anyway, it was definitely the setting really made this one a very memorable day. One full of laughs, scares, tense moments and mad rushes, and one which I would reccomend to anyone looking for a change!

Thats my hello and I hope to get to know some of you a bit better in the near future!

Cheers, Nikolay.
    aka Bachelarius

Re: Hello

Good... Oh, Morning! Hehe.

It's great to have a new member on the forum. You'll be warmly welcomed here. If you have any questions, feel free to shout out! We're here to help out.

May I just ask if you take a moment to read the rules (in case you haven't already). Cheers.

Your friendly neighbour, Matt.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

^welcoming people is my job lol. welcome mate. theres over 7000 members so its more than likley there are players from your site here. may i ask why did you post this at stupidoclock?

all the best
      OMG.
      Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

haha long posts lead to lots of afk-ing. I started at a sensible hour... That's my excuse and I'm sticking by it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bachelarius Find out more about Bachelarius
        Working...
        X