New player in north London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New player in north London

Hi! I'm new to the game, only been twice but loved it so far. Gonna head to a few more, maybe get my UKARA and think about about getting some kit (have my eye on an Ares M4A1 )

These forums have had some really useful stuff in so thought I'd register and say hi.

Question for you: why are there so few skirmish sites in London? You'd think there'd be unused old buildings all over the place that would be perfect for it. Any advice from other Londoners on places to go that aren't too far away?

Heading to Battle Lakes on Sunday and then Bunker51 on the 6th - do say hi if you're there, would be great to meet you.

Re: New player in north London

Welcome to airsoft. what part of north London you from? I'm from west London. I think some of the closest ones to you would be Xsite and absolute airsoft in high wycombe both pretty good woodland sites, or you always have the good old mall in reading for some ultimate cqb action.

Comment

I'm moving to London in October, there are probably fewer sites due to problems with large numbers of people turning up in full kit with rifles in a capital
      WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

If you drive and near M25 you spoilt for choice. There is 4 along the bottom stretch of the M25. Another 2 around Dartford (Kent side) crossing too!

Comment

Originally posted by IanL View Post
          Welcome to airsoft. what part of north London you from? I'm from west London. I think some of the closest ones to you would be Xsite and absolute airsoft in high wycombe both pretty good woodland sites, or you always have the good old mall in reading for some ultimate cqb action.
          Thanks! Tufnell Park, just north of Camden. I've played at the Mall before - it's *awesome* - but will check those others out.

Originally posted by TB-Stalker View Post
          I'm moving to London in October, there are probably fewer sites due to problems with large numbers of people turning up in full kit with rifles in a capital
          lol, I could see that. But seriously, no one turns up anywhere with their guns showing right? And as long as the police have been informed I'd have thought it should all be fine.

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          If you drive and near M25 you spoilt for choice.
          Yeah, does look pretty good for people who can drive. I'm learning at the moment - fingers crossed I'll have passed by the end of next month, which will help lots.

Comment

Im from north london I play at bexley mostly ganna try to get down to northfleet on sat theres a few of us that play and tbh a bexley night game is not that bad to get home from even with all my kit and cool bag of beers.
            sigpic
            Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Yea, that doesn't look too bad - what's the site?

Comment

bexley is an old labs and its pretty big for an airsoft cqb site the newest quote was "it makes the bunker look like a shed"

Northfleet is bigger but I have not been there yet as for getting home I normally grab a beer and a burger with the team after a game then get on the night bus 1 bus takes you all the way to london bridge then the 149 brings me back to edmonton.
                sigpic

Comment

its a bit of a nitemare to get to any evening games around london, due to the fact that you are traveling through rush hour.....however i live near J1 M1, and i have discovered the outpost in dunstable, it takes me 35 minutes to get there, and i can leave at 5.30, only £15 on a friday night walkon....
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Ah yes I do have to get a rush hour train to bexley at around 5pm more like 5.30pm as Im always late lol but the ride home is always quiet
                    sigpic

Comment

That sounds pretty sweet. Got a link for it? Have had a google and found http://www.eliteairsoftuk.com/ who look like they run it, but can't see anything about the site there.

Comment

That's the people who run Bexley and Northfleet.

Comment

Cool. I guess I'll just have to give them a ring and ask about dates.

Comment

The website is Elite Battle Zone, dates & details on there

Comment

There is Tech brigade in Warren Woods, (North London)http://www.techbrigade.org/ Quite nice site, I found them a bit unfriendly, people come to kick some ass and not socialize if you know what I mean. A bit hard to get to if you are cycling (as I was, Hilly area) and about 30-35 min walk from the nearest station again quite steep hills. So if you drive or get a cab its a place to go to.

Another site is "TWA" Tactical Warfare Airsoft. Which is near New Addington (Croydon, South Ldn). Very nice woodland site, not so far from the station (20ish min walk). Only drawback is that too many 12-14 year olds and their dads =) I had no problems with that but if you do....

Thinking of going to xsite airsoft tomorrow. Can someone help me out with directions and ticket costs? as I am travelling there by train... A lift from London would be perfect, if its not too much to ask for =)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

harrym Find out more about harrym
                              Working...
                              X