Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie!

Hi all

Used to do alot of paintball but gave it up a few years ago and now want to enjoy something differant :D So totally new to the sport but willing to learn

Based in Kent so will be looking for a site to play at and also maybe a team at some point soon

Also where is the better places to go in Kent, and anyone local ???

Any advice will be gratefully received

all the best

Tony
    Last edited by stealthy; 26 August, 2009, 00:47.

Ask about joining the UNIT

Re: Another newbie !!!

Welcome, to the forum and to the game. :D

Just post any Q's you might have in the new players section, or here will do nicely.

Comment

Have you grabbed yourself a gun yet matey if so what type
      Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

Originally posted by savageslayer View Post
        Have you grabbed yourself a gun yet matey if so what type

Not yet matey, been looking about for one but not 100% sure as to what i want yet.

Looking for something i can do most things with but will be looking to have several for different occasions Eventually i will own a few :D:D

Possibles are G36, P90, mp5 or a M4, but until i have done some more research im not too sure yet

I want something reliable, strong and that can be upgraded or at least be have decent to start with !!!!

Also got the fact im not registered yet, so need to get that sorted although re-spraying a gun does not bother me. In fact i have not been to a meet at all yet

Tony

Comment

a JG G36c is a brilliant Newbie gun, and cost effective and perfect for new comers as it has so many uses with the the stock folding in being one of them lol
          http://zeroin.co.uk/image.php?type=s...ine=1296170949

Comment

btw JG is a make
            http://zeroin.co.uk/image.php?type=s...ine=1296170949

Comment

Re: Another newbie!

hey!

Also from Kent, where about you located, and do you drive?

I'm from Gillingham, which means easy access to all Kent sites, and a few in Essex too! The big Kent sites are:

Ultimate Wargames (Tonbridge & Limpsfeild): £17.50 for the day. Tonbridge is a big woodland site, and my preference. Limpsfeild is much smaller, but has lot of bases and a faster game speed. Both sites get good turn out. Play alternate Saturdays at each site.

CAGE (All over!): £25 day. CAGE have their own site at Dover. Plus also have access to lots of MOD sites on a rotating basis. Every Sunday somewhere.

Shadow Opz (Canterbury): £25 (?) day. Skirmish meets MilSim, days have a story rather than lots of individual games.

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                hey!

Also from Kent, where about you located, and do you drive?

I'm from Gillingham, which means easy access to all Kent sites, and a few in Essex too! The big Kent sites are:

Ultimate Wargames (Tonbridge & Limpsfeild): £17.50 for the day. Tonbridge is a big woodland site, and my preference. Limpsfeild is much smaller, but has lot of bases and a faster game speed. Both sites get good turn out. Play alternate Saturdays at each site.

CAGE (All over!): £25 day. CAGE have their own site at Dover. Plus also have access to lots of MOD sites on a rotating basis. Every Sunday somewhere.

Shadow Opz (Canterbury): £25 (?) day. Skirmish meets MilSim, days have a story rather than lots of individual games.

Hope that helps

Not too far from you in Gravesend matey and yes i do drive :D:D:D

Would be nice to meet up with a local and tag along to get a feel for it all so if your going sometime soon let me know, thats if you dont mind a "newbie" tagging along I can always be cannon fodder :D:D:D

CAGE used to use fort amhurst and as i found out today they no longer do !!! Gutted

Comment

The weekender is this weekend if you want to join the Lone Wolf Team :D In at the deep end I guess!

I'll probably get down to UW on Saturday 5th (Tonbridge) after that next, and always good to find some cannon fodder to send on the dangerous bits

Comment

The weekender is this weekend if you want to join the Lone Wolf Team :D In at the deep end I guess!

I'll probably get down to UW on Saturday 5th (Tonbridge) after that next, and always good to find some cannon fodder to send on the dangerous bits
                    Cannon fodder is cool with me As for the weekender i would love to go but i do not have the kit as of yet

Been out looking for stuff today hoping to actually hold a few guns before settling for one but the shop in Rochester was closed Is the Lone Wolf Team the local one then ???

Comment

That's no excuse, you can hire kit there

Team Lone Wolf is a bunch of guys from all over UK, who were going to Weekender alone. But I think TLW is going to have a "home" at Limpsfeild, where a few of the team play regularly. We have arm patches and beer... need I say more?!

I know the store you mean, they holding games at Fort Amhurst (Chatham) starting soon. Excellent site, worth a visit. Not sure about their prices or selection though, not been there in ages. Are you buying two-tone, or realistic?

Comment

That's no excuse, you can hire kit there

Team Lone Wolf is a bunch of guys from all over UK, who were going to Weekender alone. But I think TLW is going to have a "home" at Limpsfeild, where a few of the team play regularly. We have arm patches and beer... need I say more?!

I know the store you mean, they holding games at Fort Amhurst (Chatham) starting soon. Excellent site, worth a visit. Not sure about their prices or selection though, not been there in ages. Are you buying two-tone, or realistic?
                        Was told today by fort amhurst they are no longer allowed to use the site due to damage to the historic building, he mentioned staff talking ball bearings out from the brickwork and the damage that has been caused ?? Wonder if it was being abused??

Anywhere else local to actually see/feel the weapon before you buy it ???

Comment

That's right.

CAGE used to do games there, and I think the historic society got annoyed in the end. Platoon are now doing games there, but inside the chapel it will be semi only, and no pyro.

Hopefully a good compromise, it's a cracking place to play, but I don't think anybody really wants to be destroying Napoleonic history whilst there!

Comment

That's right.

CAGE used to do games there, and I think the historic society got annoyed in the end. Platoon are now doing games there, but inside the chapel it will be semi only, and no pyro.

Hopefully a good compromise, it's a cracking place to play, but I don't think anybody really wants to be destroying Napoleonic history whilst there!
                            Thats good to know then, right on our doorsteps too just what i need :D

Comment

welcome to the forum

Stick to airsofting paintballing crap more fun in airsofting!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stealthy Find out more about stealthy
                              Working...
                              X