Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Caveira; what the hell is a caveira and who the f**k is he?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caveira; what the hell is a caveira and who the f**k is he?

Hi guys.

I know some of you have realised already (I've had some PMs about it), but the user formerly known as rockinrobin has now changed his name to Caveira.

Why you're probably thinking. rockinrobin was such a really great guy, always there on VCRA issues, anything else that might help and had a nice subtle approach to modding most of the time, but this Caveira dude sounds like a Brazilian police obsessed tw*t!

To put it bluntly, and trying to stay well within the forum rules, I got fed up with receiving dozens of reported posts every day (most of which were users whinging about other users who they have some sort of ongoing personal issue with) and not being able to bang their heads together and tell them to STFU and leave if they don't like the rules.

At the risk of sounding like my old politics lecturer, there's a principle in British government called Collective Cabinet Responsibility. This says a government minister can argue their case right up to the point the cabinet/prime minister makes a final decision, but after that they must either publically support the decision or resign from the cabinet if they still want to oppose it. I always believed that being a part of the mod team carried the same responsibility. 99.9% of the time the decisions made (and the rules here) were ones I would have made myself anyway. Having said that, pointless and continuous complaints about the forum rules (generally from the same small group of people) were getting to the point that my blood pressure would go through the roof whenever I saw certain user names. The "events" before the weekender didn't help either.

I'm not going to go into more detail, either here or by PM, so please don't ask for details or names as I won't give them to you. I know at least one user who managed to read a post of mine a couple of months ago before it was deleted, so that person can decide what to do with that information within the rules, though I won't give any more details myself.

I've also dropped out of keeping an eye on the VCRA section as I didn't think it was a good idea to have partial responsibility there after pulling out of the team as a whole. Also, some of the complete and utter bo**ocks that gets posted in there sometimes makes my blood boil and now I won't have to worry about it. I'm still in touch with ACPO over legality issues and will continue to post anything that comes my way, unless it's already available elsewhere.

OK, why Caveira?

Simples! I just wanted something that was miles away from rockinrobin. I felt that dropping out of the team was best done at the same time as a name change and with my BOPE loadout being (as far as I know) unique in UK 'softing, it seemed like a good direction to look in. I'd played with a few different names in my mind, but Caveira seemed the most simple and straightforward.

If you've not already read my sig, caveira is the Portuguese for skull. It's also the nickname given to BOPE operators (due to their unit badge) and they use it as a response and war cry very similar to the US hoorah. If you're in anyway languages savvy, you've probably noticed that caveira is a feminine noun (as it ends in an a), but no matter how much I looked I could never find BOPE using the masculine form caveiro, so caveira it is.

I've got a large collection of BOPE photos, from putting my loadout together, so I'll try to vary my sig photo regularly.

I'll still respond to Robin and that's also the way I'll put my name on any messages I send. I'm also still using rockinrobin nametags on my gear and ROBIN tags at GZW as my user name elsewhere isn't going to be changed anytime soon.

Robin/Caveira
    sigpic

Re: Caveira; what the hell is a caveira and who the f**k is he?

Robin no longer a Mod... does that make you fair game?

Seriously though, I feel the Mod Team has lost a valuable member and whilst we haven't always seen eye to eye you have always been the supository of knowledge... injecting wisdom into the rumps of those with less know how with a swift swing of your boot!

Good to know you're still here
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
      you have always been the supository of knowledge... injecting wisdom into the rumps of those with less know how with a swift swing of your boot!
      That really needs to be sigged by someone!

I always saw myself as fair game anyway, within the rules. If you can't take it, don't give it out in the first place.
      sigpic

Comment

woh good choice the BOPE are bad ass muvas,looking forward to seeing some pictures of your new loadouts
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
          woh good choice the BOPE are bad ass muvas,looking forward to seeing some pictures of your new loadouts
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...t=bope+loadout
          sigpic

Comment

BOPE loadout looks great, but you look completely different to how i remember you in the old Rockin' avatar, that was more royal OAP, less Simon Pegg
            h e y d r i c h
            L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

hi robin! trololo...*cough*

fair enough on sticking your hands up n saying you want out, modding im sure on here can be a ball ache...*coughLOOOOlcough*

Comment

I feel i should say welcome to zeroin!
                sigpic

Comment

try not to get too stressed out mate hopefully this decision will help you chill out a bit more.

good luck with the loadout never heard of caveira before or what they look like (haven't checked Google yet) but it looks great either way

nice one man

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Caveira Find out more about Caveira
                  Working...
                  X