Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea im new

so here's my obligatory post :-)

playing airsoft a while now, i'm quite technically minded cant resist pulling guns apart and making them better. in all honesty i prefer that to running round a field with a bunch of kids and chubby middle aged men in DPM but skirmish still has a place in my heart.. no really i do play and enjoy airsoft (and i suppose i'm probably more middle aged than a kid these days) - i just don't take it a seriously as some

well thats me, im assured by all the locals at my site that this is a disreputable and depraved forum where they sell toy guns to children! so i'm looking forward to the experience

Cheers
    Sol

Re: Yea im new

I'm so confused, while for me 75% of the hobby is collecting guns and modding them myself, there are plenty of sites out there that are 18+, primarily milsim games, but what's the purpose of this post? It's clearly bashing the forum, and airsoft potentially, I started airsoft when I was a kid (10 years ago in a foreign country), but everyone has to start somewhere, so what's with the elitist attitude?

Comment

Yay, more negativity.

Welcome, apparently.

Comment

Don't be so cynical, any negativity you feel from the post is your baggage. Iv not Bn on here 5 mins so am reserving my judgement for the mo. In my local airsoft site the forum has a bad rap, but then I wouldn't be on here if I believed everything players there said.

Calling myself chubby and middle aged isnt realy having a go at the sport? Theses posts are kinda hostile in a section where I'm telling you who I am and saying hello. Your not fighting your corner very well :-)

But cheers for posting I'm sure your all good ppl anyways
        - Sol

Comment

Originally posted by blobface View Post
          I'm so confused, while for me 75% of the hobby is collecting guns and modding them myself, there are plenty of sites out there that are 18+, primarily milsim games, but what's the purpose of this post? It's clearly bashing the forum, and airsoft potentially, I started airsoft when I was a kid (10 years ago in a foreign country), but everyone has to start somewhere, so what's with the elitist attitude?
          Nice, show the guy a friendly welcome. No wonder there is a bad feeling about this forum at some sites (and, trust me, there is).

Solomon, welcome mate from one slightly overweight guy to another.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
            Nice, show the guy a friendly welcome. No wonder there is a bad feeling about this forum at some sites (and, trust me, there is).

Solomon, welcome mate from one slightly overweight guy to another.
            This is just an internet forum... not a Jesus camp... I just misread his comment thinking he meant "airsoft is for kids and chubby middle aged men", without realising he meant himself as one of them, so apologies for that. Anyway, welcome, and there is no "corner" I'm fighting for... again.. it's just an internet forum..

Comment

welcome to the forum buddy.

Comment

cheers all - no hard feelings all round. less stress will lead to a longer life i promise

its good to meet a few of you (sorta)
                Sol

Comment

Nice to meet you mate!
                  I hope you enjoy the forum.
                  sigpic

Comment

welcome to the forum mate

Comment

A little self satire is never a bad thing, especially when we all play soldiers and argue about realism and such. Good on ya.

Welcome. I'm proud to be part of an apparently disreputable forum, although I've never seen it that way.

We also sell drugs to the homeless, homeless people to wealthy businessmen who crave snuff videos, and sub-prime mortgages to new families.

Beware the trolls. Look under the bridges, that's where they hide.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Solomon Find out more about Solomon
                      Working...
                      X