X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the game - 6 Years out and slightly confused :s

Hi All,

Good to be back!!

I'm sure someone will have asked this on ZI or another forum but I'm damned if I can find ans answer to it...

When I stopped playing years ago there was no such thing as the UKARA and there were no limitaions of used AEG resales. I find that after my time away the resale of almost everything airsoft is being heavily policed.

With this in mind, and discovering that my original pistol is now rusted - am I able to buy a "used" pistol from the ZI forums without it being 2-toned or breaking somekind of law.

I want to get in for the game on the 5th Feb at GZ but don't want to rock up with half my gear missing.

Thanks to all.

Rich

**insert witty remark**

Re: Back in the game - 6 Years out and slightly confused :s

Rich

The Violent Crime Reduction Act (VCRA) prohibits the sale, import and manufacture of Realistic Imitation Firearms (RIFs)
    Sorry but no-one can sell you a non-2-tone gun (a RIF) ,new OR used, unless you have a defense

For the "skirmish" defense you have to be the member of a site that has 3rd party insurance.

Most sites will insist that you play at least 3 games over at least 2 months before you are eligible.

sorry but you won't be able to buy a new toy until at least the 5th April if you go to that first game
    Last edited by cannon_fodder; 21 January, 2012, 22:32.

Comment

B#gger - I hate rust!!!!

Oh well. Rules are rules.

Thanks for the clarification.

**insert witty remark**

Comment

There would be no issues if you agreed a purchase from a site regular at say Ł100 and gave them Ł50 on the day. Use the gun and return it to them at the end of the day. Do the same at you second game and then after the third game give them the extra cash and keep it. That way you are not purchasing a gun that they cannot legally sell to you (it's the seller who's in the wrong if the buyer is 18+), but they know that you've committed to buying it and won't just bugger it up while at the game and then walk away. At the same time, you know that the gun will be yours and you don't have to worry about losing a deal you like.

There are loads of GZW regulars on the forum, many of whom are selling kit all the time. I'd do a deal like this myself with you on a pistol I'll be selling soon, but I'm not there on that date.

BTW three games isn't a legal requirement, but it is the requirement used by UKARA (in their case 3 games in no less than 2 months) and many airsofters use it as well as a safe guide to someone being a regular.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by runningrabbit View Post
          B#gger - I hate rust!!!!

Oh well. Rules are rules.

Thanks for the clarification.
          It is only a bit of rust.. Maybe some good hard work might get the gun looking like new again...

Comment

no but there is no law against you repairing your rif what`s rusty about it ? if it was a metal finish you should be able to re-polish it if it was black and the slide has rusted badly then you maybe able to get a new slide for it.

What area are you from ? what site will you be playing at ? Some site shops will as they say above let you buy a gun and use it and 3rd game it becomes yours.

A few other sites will let people who come to a game or 2 with regulars buy gear as the 3 game thing is just a guide line the min requirement to be called a "skirmisher" is that you can prove you have attended at-least 1 game. Saying that unless your going back to a site you were known at they`ll be wanting you to play 3 games to stick to the ukara guidelines.
            sigpic
            Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by r6shooter
              also, the VCRA only is there when buying from a shop/ retailer not the forums...
              Um.... please explain?

Comment

The VCRA is everywhere all the time and lot`s of people are paid to enforce it and it effects more then just airsoft

As for UKARA well that`s just a bunch of shops and sites that helped airsoft get a special exemption (we really do have this conversation a lot in airsoft don`t we?) you can always check site membership by asking someone for the site they play at and contacting them it`s just a lot easier to contact a shop as they have it all on computer don`t they ?
                sigpic

Comment

You're missing the point tho, if its NOT a requirement to check a buyers defence to buying (and your selling) in the second hand market then why would Z1 need to offer that service?

Comment

because it`s your job to check their defence not to check they are on the ukara list.

There are many many different ways to check and as long as you have no doubt then why check ?

I mean would you really have to need to check if you were selling to someone you skirmish with all the time ? No

So what about someone on a forum you know rather well but have never skirmished with but who post`s story`s and pics all the time and has others post about them too ? I`d say no

Would you check someone who seams to not have a clue about anything and wants to pay you with someone else`s paypal and say`s their over 18 but you doubt it ? Well yes you would in fact you`d more then likely just plain not sell to them

So there`s a line where you have no need to check as you know the person is a skirmisher and the exemption airsoft has say`s that airsoft skirmishers have a defence. Also they may have another type of defence.

So yes you must have no doubt that they have a defence but you don`t necessarily have to check someone is on the ukara data base to be satisfied they have a defence.

Now I will admit that if there is any doubt then for the sake of the sport please be better safe then sorry but if you have no doubt then does the law say you have to check ?
                    sigpic

Comment

Sigh... You're arguing points that were never brought up.

All I'm pointing out is that the VCRA applies to a second hand sale. Thats all!

Comment

Well I don't think it is made clear on second hand sales, but still if I where to sell a gun I would want to check they were actually a skirmisher.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooTheMarshmallow View Post
                          Well I don't think it is made clear on second hand sales, but still if I where to sell a gun I would want to check they were actually a skirmisher.
                          Section 36 - Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms.

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if—

(c)he sells a realistic imitation firearm; or .

When a seller checks that the buyer can avail him/herself to the defence towards the above the buyer is actually protecting their own ass. Its the vague haze that comes with the UKARA myth that separates buying brand new and second hand buying.

Anyhow enough of the VCRA talk... theres a sub-forum for that :p (I should know better).

Good luck sorting your gear out Rabbit.
                          Last edited by psirus101; 29 January, 2012, 21:31. Reason: speeling missteak

Comment

Think it may be fair to say I just hot ass reamed...

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

I always thought it was pretty clear that you had to check but that that check could be as simple as "oh dude your a skirmisher right ?" if you have no reason to doubt they have a defence then you have no reason to check but I guess it`s better to be safe then sorry as I don`t want airsoft to get any bad press.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

runningrabbit Find out more about runningrabbit
                              Working...
                              X