Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW London - New Airsoft Player!

Morning people!

After using the forums, (mainly for the classified section!), I've decided to introduce myself.

My names Dan, and I'm from the South West London area. I have only played a couple of airsoft days, (namely: The Mall, and Eversly in Hampshire). I work in St Mary's University College as a Network Engineer (sounds geek-ish, I know!)

I have all the gear I need for most airsoft games, and have just got myself a ICS CXP.08 M4 to keep me going for a while.

The issue I have with airsoft is that I don't drive... so getting to sites isn't easy for me and I struggle to find a lift at the moment. I'll be taking a trip the the Epsom Bunker tomorrow to give that a go!

I look forward to chatting to you all and making some great new buddies. From my experiences in airsoft so far, I can't fault the aura of sportsmanship and friendliness within the community.

Hope to see you all on the field

Cheers

Danny

Re: SW London - New Airsoft Player!

welcome to the fold danny where in sw are you ? a few of us go to bunker 51 sometimes have a spare seat if intrested

We can't fight for airsoft without your support. To join or for more information Please take a look at www.ukapu.org.uk

Comment

Hey Paul, thanks for the offer! Much appreciated.

I'm based around Morden/Wimbledon, and would quite happily pay for petrol etc. I've looked at the Bunker 51 site in the past and it looks quite impressive. My AEGs only run at 300-330 FPS so CQB is the way to go at the moment.

Cheers

Comment

hello Dan there is a site very close to you called TWA urban, its in Crystal palace, and is easy walking distance from the tube station, also check out unit13 airsoft team,there are a lot of them based in south london, and if you go to airsoftersforum there is a london based airsoft team called THE LAW, its not as establised as Unit13, but both teams are very friendly, and you will find liked minded people who can provide lifts etc...Richard
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by NapalmFist View Post
          Hey Paul, thanks for the offer! Much appreciated.

I'm based around Morden/Wimbledon, and would quite happily pay for petrol etc. I've looked at the Bunker 51 site in the past and it looks quite impressive. My AEGs only run at 300-330 FPS so CQB is the way to go at the moment.

Cheers
          hi There are slowly more and more South London players here, i live in Southfields/Tooting
          AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Hi Sparrowhawk, and thanks for the warm welcome!

I've just looked up TWA and both their urban and woodland site are pretty close to me. Both fairly accessable via public transport also. I have just registered for the forum you mentioned to see if I can track down The L.A.W. Unfortunately, their club specific section is locked with a password, so kinda hoping one of them see's my post. Unit 13 look quite established. Maybe I'll see if I can have a chat with them too.

As I mentioned before, the thing that really drew me to airsoft is the sportsmanship and friendliness of (most of) the people involved.

Beef, thanks for the message. Tooting is just down the road from me! (In fact, my grandparents live their). I'm sure we'll meet on the field one day. I live pretty close to Raynes Park/Morden. I'm sure you know the area?

Comment

Beef, thanks for the message. Tooting is just down the road from me! (In fact, my grandparents live their). I'm sure we'll meet on the field one day. I live pretty close to Raynes Park/Morden. I'm sure you know the area?
              Yup I know the area, my grandparents also live in Tooting, as do my parents hence its my second home, Enjoy the bunker in Epsom. The guy who runs it (John) is a great guy as long as you dont get offended easily.
              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                Yup I know the area, my grandparents also live in Tooting, as do my parents hence its my second home, Enjoy the bunker in Epsom. The guy who runs it (John) is a great guy as long as you dont get offended easily.
                Haha, maybe we'll see eachother on the field.

I've heard some mixed things about John. Heard he's quite a character! I look forward to meeting him

Comment

napalmfist sounds like you live down the road from me i live in morden if you ever need any help feel free to ask or if you want pop in for a brew same offer to you beef as well

We can't fight for airsoft without your support. To join or for more information Please take a look at www.ukapu.org.uk

Comment

432 from brixton takes you straight to TWA urban site (anerley station)

my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

Paul mind me asking what part of morden? my address is morden too. Do you know the Beverly Pub?

The problem with that twozero is wearing airsoft gear on a bus... In brixton... Carrying an immitation firearm in a bag haha. But thanks for the advice!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pm on it's way to you

Comment

Paul mind me asking what part of morden? my address is morden too. Do you know the Beverly Pub?

The problem with that twozero is wearing airsoft gear on a bus... In brixton... Carrying an immitation firearm in a bag haha. But thanks for the advice!

As long as you hold on to your bag, and, it's not totally obvious what's inside, you should be fine. I've been through London loads of times, on buses, tubes, trains, etc, even with police officers on the same tube etc, and not had any trouble - and I was carrying a bag that said in quite easily readable letters "Swiss Arms Soft Air Rifles". You're not going to get hassle unless you yourself make a scene. If you have a valid reason for carrying what you're carrying, there's no problem. It's not like you're walking around with a pistol stuffed into the belt of your trousers. I got around the whole "wearing airsoft gear on public transport" "issue" by adopting a PMC loadout. Besides which, people wear camo clothes on the streets all the time - only 30 mins ago a guy walked past me in a Dutch DPM jacket.

I live in South East London, and don't drive either. I've played at both TWA Anerley and Addington, and the regulars are a friendly, welcoming and fair bunch.
                          Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Oh, and welcome, by the way.
                            Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Hey thanks for the message. I know there's no problem with carrying them around on public transport. There are certain laws about how RIFs should be carried (eg . Weapons shouldn't be transported with mags or batteries inserted).

I'm glad I'm not the only airsoft player who doesn't drive. I'm going to start taking a bus from outside my house to epsom and a tram to twa soon.

Hope to see you around.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NapalmFist Fairly new to airsoft, and I don't drive... so always looking for people in the local area who fancy travelling together. Just managed to get my full loadout sorted. Find out more about NapalmFist
                              Working...
                              X