Operation Black Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Operation Black Heart

Must say i was with Rouge 2 Zero on the Blue forces....was a AWESOME weekend well worth the money!! takes airsoft to a whole new level, a much better level!!! can't wait till the next event

Comment

Id like to tell you what we did but i carnt needless to say 24 hours after this event im still buzzing , one of the best games ive played in the last 16 years ,and i dont say that lightly

Comment

I was with WestyIII in the compound, for all the people who heard really loud bangs at about 0530-0600hrs that was me Had a lot of fun this weekend, special thanks to all the Tier 1 guys for putting on a good event

Comment

Glad you guys enjoyed it, so many epic moments throughout, my personal favourites was terrorising the blues with my .338 rifle day and night. Plus mortaring them too and getting both smoke and bang mortar rounds into the compound.

I must say it was the best sportsmanship throughout too that I've ever seen, one moment of building 18
          Being stormed, got the knife out ready for who came trough the door,
          In he comes, I tap him with it, he shoots me in the arm, right away we both took it and laughed then shook hands, no arguing about it.

Roll on the next event!

Comment

TIER 1 would like to say a massive THANK YOU to ALL who attended - Operation BLACK HEART.
            The Operation was a HUGE success from my point and the entire team at TIER 1.

I would particularly like to thank all of the players that came from across the UK, Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands and entered into the spirit of the scenario with determination, a will to work as a military unit, work closely with others they had never met before and dig deep after little to no sleep in order to complete the detailed missions and tasks set to them by their chain of command. This was all done with a positive manner and a sense of humour and this is what it is really like to be in the military!

STANTA's Eastmere OBUA training Village was completely fit for purpose and complimented our ongoing scenario perfectly. This enabled both the BLUE and RED forces to carry out a range of challenges using the correct drills and tactics where required.

The RED Force were able to use small unit hit and run guerilla tactics, make good use of IED's throughout the village, carry out constant sniping attacks, harass using mortars to all out assaults on the BLUE Force Mission Support Site (MSS). Not to forget lifting an embedded reporter and wiring him with an explosive vest which had to be diffused in a certain sequence and in a certain time. (Unfortunately It was not and the reporter is no more.)

The BLUE Force were tasked to fight and break into the village before first light on the Saturday morning after having had orders and battle prep from 23:59hrs to 04:00hrs early hours Saturday morning without any sleep whatsoever.

They had to fight for the next few hours in intense Close Quarter Combat to get into their proposed MSS. From which they were able to carry out compound searches and attempt to carry out High Value Individual detention raids all supported by a QRF and cordon group. The village was so hostile that every venture out of the MSS nearly always resulted in a furious firefight in and around the village.

Huge respect to the ISA reconnaissance team who carried out an incredibly difficult task extremely successfully. I would name names, but of course OPSEC prevents me.

There was so much that happened that it is still sinking in and we will be writing a full After Action Report (ARR) to be posted here soon.

I would like to say a huge thank you to Andy B for providing the fantastic Battle Sims, which included a brilliant way to simulate explosive method of entry into buildings. Other types of door charges. He also made a large range of very realistic IED devices which were triggered by un-suspecting BLUE Force soldiers whilst out on patrol and the amazing explosive suicide vest which was a bit too realistic!!

Paul T, for the use and instruction of the Vallons detectors and your vast knowledge in how to work in an environment dominated by an IED threat.

Shez, as always for being a fantastic RED Force commander and giving the BLUE Force a very realistic current theatre insurgent style enemy to fight.

My 2ic Mark G. No request is too big or too much trouble and if he said it's done, it means it is done!

Finally to the rest of the TIER 1 staff who worked tirelessly all weekend to ensure that our first major event at an Urban MoD training facility followed by the mammoth clean up task thereafter went perfectly. Landmarc said the site had never been handed back in such good order before.

To the minority who felt it wasn't to their liking, we apologise. As we state in our opening brief, if this is not for you, then please let us know ASAP and we will get you on your way. Negativity spreads quickly when people are operating out of their comfort zones, tired and stressed and spoils it for other people which is not fair.

To that end, please only attend our events if you "DARE TO BE TESTED, DARE TO BE CHALLENGED AND DARE TO COME TO TIER-1!"

Thanks.

Ed.

Comment

I have to say it was brilliant. Never been in so many intense firefights. Even the ricochets were whistling inside the confines of the compounds! Add to that the battle sim pyro going off everywhere and you get the immersion. These Milsim events also test your choice of load-out and weapons- sorts the wheat from the chaff

A huge thanks Ed, Shez and the T1 team not only for their running but also the immense organisational effort to get these events off the ground.
              Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

Hey all, thanks for linking my article about Snakebite! Make sure to see the film I did too.

Since writing that article I have become the Head Marshal for Tier 1 and I was pleased to read some of the comments about the weekend just gone. It made sweeping up 20 thousand BBs almost worth it!

We had some great play and even better friendliness. Anyone who knows me, knows that I was not a natural milsim player (my home was Electrowerz) until I met Ed and got involved with Tier 1. Since that day I have become a great fan of milsim and I am very glad to be a part of it.

I will be sorting out a film of the STANTA event, which will be released on airsoftfilm.com once I get the military permission sorted out, showcasing some top footage of the games "Serials". So be sure to check that out.

As the marshal, I saw no cheating worth even mentioning, which is rare in airsoft today (and I was looking for it). It just goes to show that people come along to these events to be challenged, but end up being thrilled as well. I know I was.

Great work all around!

Regards,

Basho

Comment

Absolutely awesome event as per usual... This was truly special in the setting that it was and I'm beyond glad I didn't miss it!

Thanks to all the Tier 1 staff who conducted this event with professionalism and a calibre which cannot be matched anywhere in my opinion.

Cheers all,

Sean
                  Incase the taliban start bringing tacticool M4s to firefights..

Comment

My enthusiasm did not stop during the game as there was so much to do and kept me on my toes the entire time.

Breaching the compound was a mad one as iv never been hit so many times in my life as the blue force had it on lock down.The overwhelming force we had did not have a chance.

In the early hours of the morning I see two blue forces running across open ground to a building not far from the red force and we rushed to engage them to find out that the blue forces had garrisoned the building and we got caught in a hail of gunfire again but what a fantastic firefight.

During the day we see the blues moving across open ground and we rushed to engage them.They quickly fanned out and started pepper potting across the open ground towards us but by that time we where dug in and had the drop on them.

Anyway there is to much to tell and the only way to have a feel for it is to be there.

Big thanks to Ed you really know your stuff and all the Tier 1 staff.
                    Last edited by rambo_Troop; 3 April, 2012, 23:41.

Comment

I'm certainly interested in future Tier 1 operations. For those that have been on this or previous ops, I have a few queries:

1. Obviously you have to take all that you might need during the operation into the field with you, but do you have to lug it around with you all the time, or do you set up a base to which you can return as and when?
                      2. Do the Al Qaeda/Taliban players actually make an effort with the loadouts? From Basho's (incidentally very well made) video, it seems like they teamed a Pakol hat and Shemagh with some 5.11 trousers and geared-up RICAS, not to mention the Magpulised M4. That really lacks the authenticity that these scenarios otherwise exude. I don't want to turn up and be the only larry who's made an effort!
                      3. What one item of kit or clothing did you not take to the event that you found you actually really needed? Or, what one item would you suggest that no player goes without?
                      Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
                        I'm certainly interested in future Tier 1 operations. For those that have been on this or previous ops, I have a few queries:

1. Obviously you have to take all that you might need during the operation into the field with you, but do you have to lug it around with you all the time, or do you set up a base to which you can return as and when?

Depends on your side and the senario. You will be assigned a area to drop stuff, but this may be after a hike into the game of KMs. You may have to use proper Harbour Area tactics to protect it. At Stanta the Reds moved into the town and took over a number of houses, which they then made secure with sentries, mines, etc. The Blues had to hike to the village, lay up and break in to get their FOB.

2. Do the Al Qaeda/Taliban players actually make an effort with the loadouts? From Basho's (incidentally very well made) video, it seems like they teamed a Pakol hat and Shemagh with some 5.11 trousers and geared-up RICAS, not to mention the Magpulised M4. That really lacks the authenticity that these scenarios otherwise exude. I don't want to turn up and be the only larry who's made an effort!

Thanks for the complement. The Reds do make a serious effort with their loadout and that was a game quite a while ago (In Snakebite, my 4 man team were ISI dropped into the Taliban for a sub mission, hense the loadout and weapon). Some Reds, such as myself at Stanta, wore a particular loadout as we were HVTs. Ed will be able to tell you the loadout requirements for any set game.

3. What one item of kit or clothing did you not take to the event that you found you actually really needed? Or, what one item would you suggest that no player goes without?
                        Earplugs. We hand them out, but you should think about some good ones. Things go BOOM at Tier 1 events

Comment

Sounds and looks awesome guys. Really gutted I'm living in Sweden now as I would have been up for it. Maybe in the future.

Will the Tier 1 team be making an appearance at the Berget Milsim event this year?

Comment

@mach

1. No generally it's for deployment, once a patrol base or harbour position has been established all most everyone switches to battle order.

2. Pritty much everyone makes an effort in one discription or another, so if You go all out- weapon, kit, clothing you would not be alone.

3. A worm top! a military softie is what I use (cheap on eBay)

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post

This is what I was wearing at the event, and most of my team followed suit and were in authentic looking clothing with the right weapons:

Most of the people on my team who didn't have AKs or other similar types of weapons actually bought one for the event especially. Our support gunner who usually uses a Minimi bought an RPK especially for the day.

Comment

I was amazed at the effort people put in to there load outs they where fantastic both red and blue forces.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trip Find out more about trip
                                Working...
                                X