Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Systema PTW 2012 Model Update

I don't know if this is old news but I hadn't seen it before:

The official update document for the 2012 PTWs has been released as of this morning:

http://www.zshot.com...bid=151&mid=766 link is just to a PDF so should be ok.

Main points seem to be:

Motor

New type with increased torque. Can't say if they've solved the dreaded failuer issues, but all will become clear in time.

The update is based around a larger diameter armature stack to increase the torque of the motor. This improves start up and gives a quicker & snappier trigger response in Semi Auto fire.

This dose not mean the rate of fire is increased as the motors speed remains the same.

What this does mean is the grip is different. The outside dimension is exactly the same as the current model, but the inside is modified to cope with the fatter motor.

This obviously means that after market grips are going to be a problem for fit.

Hop & Barrel

Looks like they've basically done 50% of Tac's hop mod. Also a revised barrel. Remains to be seen how this works out, but Tac will be continuing to mod it in the same way.

Cylinder

Looks like all cylinder casings will now be stainless steel (like the Super MAX). This improves the strength of the cylinder and prevents the balloning which can happen to the current aluminium versions.

Also reduces denting by trapped BB's on the top of thre mag.

Parts

Magpul trigger guard and BUIS supplied with challenge kits

Model

There seems to be a Mil/LE model which as different trades but this might just be from the misleading PDF.

Anyway, seems to be justifying the price increase IMO.
    WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Re: Official Systema PTW 2012 Model Update

Link doesnt work buddy! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
      Link doesnt work buddy! :P
      Damn. Try this one: http://www.zshot.com/LinkClick.aspx?...id=151&mid=766

Comment

KAPOW!!! That one works! Cheers fella

Comment

No worries! It's a good read if slightly ambiguous at times.

Comment

Magpul not giving away a lot....!

Comment

well I'll stick to my current PTW, but Might if able to swap out the cylinder :P

Comment

I personally think its a stupid idea to include any Magpul at all!! Is basically saying that they expect every PTW user to Magpul their new expensive rifles. Say hello to more rifles looking exactly the same as per usual!!

But then again on the flip side, what else could they include? They couldn't put the front sight in as there's nowhere to put it and not including the standard M4 pistol grip would just be a stupid idea as not all people like the Magpul ones and they need to be modded before fitting to a PTW anyway. So basically... they've included all they can!

Comment

very nice any idea on release?

Comment

Great find! Useful information.
                    Originally posted by psirus101
                    I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
                    Working...
                    X