Real Sword Electro Magnetic Gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Sword Electro Magnetic Gearbox

Spotted this today, showing the new gearbox technology from RS. Electro magnetic gearbox, with newly designed motor and real sized m4 pistol grip, with full kick like a GBB, as the bolt fully cycles like a GBB

AWESOME

http://www.airsoft2day.com/news/780-...ming-soon.html

Hope you all like :D

Re: Real Sword Electro Magnetic Gearbox

That has just gone to top of my wanted list!

Comment

Has anything new been announced since it was seen at last years IWA show?

Comment

Been waiting for this since last year!

Comment

Wasnt this announced a while back?

Anyway...still very cool . Hoping its not too pricey though!

Comment

Originally posted by Air got Soft View Post
            Wasnt this announced a while back?

Anyway...still very cool . Hoping its not too pricey though!
            Dont hold your breath, look at the price of the druganov! Didnt even show it working....
            sigpic

Comment

The only problem I see with this is yes a fancy em gearbox is cool and having the bolt cycle back into the stock is awesome as it the recoil, but where is the battery going to go if there is half a gearbox and a recoil system inside the stock? it's going to have to have a peq box which is fine by me but for others not so then there's the little matter of it's going to have to have a fixed stock because of this so then it's either m16's or m4's with solid stocks or when I can finally get one some for of stubby killer since that is the only way I could justify owning an armalite with a solid stock!
              Edit also regular rs aegs are in the £400+ mark so I reckon this is going to be in the ptw price range of £1k plus

Comment

Originally posted by TOBI View Post
                The only problem I see with this is yes a fancy em gearbox is cool and having the bolt cycle back into the stock is awesome as it the recoil, but where is the battery going to go if there is half a gearbox and a recoil system inside the stock? it's going to have to have a peq box which is fine by me but for others not so then there's the little matter of it's going to have to have a fixed stock because of this so then it's either m16's or m4's with solid stocks or when I can finally get one some for of stubby killer since that is the only way I could justify owning an armalite with a solid stock!
                Edit also regular rs aegs are in the £400+ mark so I reckon this is going to be in the ptw price range of £1k plus
                So theres no space below the buffer tube ? or even in the crane stock on one of the guns on the wall? theres always space, and a PEQ would look the business on one of tem

Owner of DCS
                (Doom custom shooters)
                PM me for Custom work!

Comment

That is brilliant, don't TOP run a similar system with their AEGs only shell ejecting?
                  - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

I modded an M16 full stock onto a M4 buffer tube so I could put a recoil kit into it.. I have enough room even for a large 8.4v battery so I think there will be plently of room in the stoc for a battery..

Anyways with lipos getting better and smally there will always be enough room for a battery in every gun.

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
                      I modded an M16 full stock onto a M4 buffer tube so I could put a recoil kit into it.. I have enough room even for a large 8.4v battery so I think there will be plently of room in the stoc for a battery..

Anyways with lipos getting better and smally there will always be enough room for a battery in every gun.
                      Did you have an unknown amount of gearbox in there?

Comment

Did you have an unknown amount of gearbox in there?
                        I can almost asure you there won't be any gearboxes in the stock because if there was there would only be full stock versions.. All the "gearbox" parts in the stock will be in the buffer tube...

Comment

Just a thought...

Using just electromagnets.... you could in theory do away with all the gears / motor etc. Just the piston & recoil unit being moved by magnets and a PCB :D

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                            Just a thought...

Using just electromagnets.... you could in theory do away with all the gears / motor etc. Just the piston & recoil unit being moved by magnets and a PCB :D
                            I thought about it a while ago and tbh there is probably a way to mod a standard AEG gearbox to work like that.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                              Indeed.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kingbob734 Find out more about kingbob734
                              Working...
                              X