Blowback G96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowback G96

So G&G have released a blowback bolt action?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMf6z8Jkwh4
    www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Re: Blockback G96

I do believe it was at shot show or iwa. The old g96 was pretty awesome apparently, heres hoping it takes 88g c02 capsules.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMf6z...eature=channel

Comment

Looks good, shame about the shells, now its effectivly not skirmishable.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
          Looks good, shame about the shells, now its effectivly not skirmishable.
          If you're sniping what issues does it raise?
          You will easily be able to pick up all the shells before you relocate and some of us like shell ejecting models.
          However since its shell ejecting the accuracy just wont be the same as its non shell counterpart
          Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
          Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Lots of issues if you in good cover,especially in autumn with fallen leaves etc, then you may have to move off quick blah blah. I dont want to be picking up shells, i snipe most of the time and can only see it as a hinderence for both consistency and practicality. Otherwise i would of loved it.
            sigpic

Comment

Looks exellent to me. If you learn to shoot like the RS guys do you fire a round while grabbing the spent shell with your first two fingers.

Theres allways shell catchers...

Thing that interests me is the blowback action I wonder how hard it will be apart from the WE M14 there are no real 'blowback' sniper rifles.

May also possibly lead the way in a new shotgun design with recoil.

Comment

So is the "blowback" supposed to be read as "recoil"?

I like shell ejecting weapons, there's something nice about flying "spent brass". Totally impractical on anything apart from this type of weapon due to picking the things up and in this case, accuracy and consistency will be affected. However, nice model gun.

Comment

Basically, some of the gas is diverted further down the stock into a piston that moves a weight... Looks pretty neat actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
                    If you're sniping what issues does it raise?
                    The video's music goes amazingly well with your signature, I replayed it in another tab just to make sure.

Comment

Looks pretty neat. I'd like to see it being actually used.
                      Originally posted by psirus101
                      I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Very clever gas system there, liking the recoil idea!
                        Shell ejecting wouldn't be my personal choice for a skirmish, but it is DAMN cool to load and unload shell ejecting rifles.
                        I wonder how stable the fps will be with gas being diverted to the recoil mechanism at the same time as a shot.

Comment

I'm assuming you wouldn't get many shots off from a single CO2 bulb, though I reckon since it's CO2 (and hence more stable) it may prove to be more consistent than say, propane.

Comment

Very interesting design. If it can be used without the shells it will jump near the top of my purchase list.
                            If the FPS is readily adjustable it will be a must have. My local site is only 400 for bolt action, while a lot of the ones I visit are 500.

Comment

The shell ejection isn't anything new nor is practical but the recoil effect ... if it will work it would be a very nice feature!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                              WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sabbath I just love Black Sabbath :) Find out more about Sabbath
                              Working...
                              X