X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: high-class documentary about airsoft

Originally posted by Fenrisianspirit View Post
    RABBLERABBLERABBLE

That's odd...I mean a certain active retailer sells a RIF paintball marker and they require a UKARA/site number to be happy with selling it.

Government, y u no make consistency?
    When was it ever consistent or made sense?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
      When was it ever consistent or made sense?
      I know, but that device is a RIF, and therefore should not be sold without a valid defense.

Having one rule for a situation but another one for virtually the same situation with a slight change in variables is not acceptable.
      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
      Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Maybe we can lobby for greater clarity and wider restrictions. For example, anyone over 18 can purchase a deactivated weapon.
        I liked the airsofting police officer in the video, but the editing did just seem to portray a bunch of guys smiling saying how many guns they have. I know it has been suggested before, but I think a firearms discipline course for teens in underprivileged areas could be beneficial in making people view firearms more cautiously with a greater understanding of the importance of discipline.
        | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

Originally posted by systema PTW SOPMOD View Post
          Maybe we can lobby for greater clarity and wider restrictions. For example, anyone over 18 can purchase a deactivated weapon.
          I liked the airsofting police officer in the video, but the editing did just seem to portray a bunch of guys smiling saying how many guns they have. I know it has been suggested before, but I think a firearms discipline course for teens in underprivileged areas could be beneficial in making people view firearms more cautiously with a greater understanding of the importance of discipline.
          I'm hoping your tounge is firmly in your cheek when you say that?
          Why would an underprivileged teen in a urban area need a gun? Answer, they wouldn't, so on that reckoning any firearm they do have, will, more than likely be illegal. What possible use is a firearms discipline course for someone who has an illegal firearm.
          sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

How about training underprivileged gang members how to shoot more accurately?

Whilst in principle such a project is a good idea, in reality it is likely to be seen by most as little more than a near party political broadcast. The converted are already converted and the general public who are clueless about guns will not pay any attention to this. IF they ever see it. Which is incredibly unlikely.

Simple fact is we have had 20 or more years of being told guns are bad, guns are evil, just like knives. Airsoft has people using guns, knives and dressing like "Rambo".

The task of getting the mainstream Joe and Jane average 2.4 children with massive worries over keeping a roof over the families head are slim to anorexic.

I am not in favour of hiding under the bedsheets as that did no good for the hand gun community. Something I was a part of. However, this project needs to be independent and not by airsofters. If it's not that, it's value is very low and many will suspect it is just going to be promoting the sites you don't mention that you help run/run.

I am not saying that is what is happening but people are naturally going to be suspicious. People tend to be fairly cynical nowerdays.

Comment

I was trying to suggest a course that would explain how firearms have to be handled carefully and should be avoided due to the high danger levels inherent with all weapons
              My apologies if that was not communicated clearly
              I was a bit preoccupied at the time of writing
              | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

As long as this isn't Elite Operating: The Operator Elite - The Documentry (Elite extended Cut)

A balanced account of playstyles and kit choices would be lovely
                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RickyStilwell Find out more about RickyStilwell
                Working...
                X