New A+ REAPS / DEVIL / Magic Hop Rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New A+ REAPS / DEVIL / Magic Hop Rubber

Although I havent fitted mine yet, I think that you will need to fit the associated inner barrel in order to try and get near 60m.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBI View Post
      Did you use the 60 degree or 70 degree rubber?
      60 degree

Comment

Speaking to 'Spike' - the maker of the all glorious R-hop about this and he says this new REAPS hop rubber is in fact 'atrocious' lol. First hand performance reports out there say its actually worse than a quality stock bucking let alone a match for the R-hop. On top of that there are a LOT of complaints regarding the REAPS that it won't fit various brand barrels. There is quite a fair overwhelmingly negative response overall looking around on other reports aswell. The highest "thumbs upped" comment on the REAPS video was basically "this sucks, the R-hop is WAY better."-until it got deleted... However don't take myn or Spike's word for this due to the obvious conflict of interest.

Comment

I'm guessing you will need the heavier ammo as that will help increase range with the added hop applied.
          Still think some of these distances people are quoting are "far fetched" though. A measured 60M is a long way for a gun under 350fps with heavy ammo

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

I got one for my MEU, but it pushed the fps up from 347 to around 400fps, so that idea went out of the window.

Instead I fitted it to my 229 and I'm totally stunned. With a standard barrel, and only firing at an average 270fps, it's now hitting into the trees at the rear of the GZW range with 0.30s. I've never measured the distance accurately, but using the 30m marker as a guide I'd say it's somewhere in the 50-55m range. It took a few mags through it to start bedding-in, but that's still only 6 mags through it so it could get better yet.

I was hoping for a small improvement, but nothing like the difference it's making. I'm giving serious consideration to a TB and some high-flow kit to see what it's capable of with some extra power behind it.
            sigpic

Comment

How good is the aeg one?

Comment

Originally posted by I'mhitalready View Post
                How good is the aeg one?
                I'm planning on finding out as soon as possible
                sigpic

Comment

I've ordered it but god knows when it'll get here. It's all luck with HK retailers, not that any exist of course

Comment

sounds like just the thing for my AK DMR

Comment

well i've ordered mine , should be here in the next 14 days and should be able to do a half decent review then as it will be in a decent build

A+ Devil Hop rubber
                      A+ Devil 113mm tightbore barrel
                      TM hi-capa infinity custom
                      feathweight BBU
                      5KU high power bulb
                      guarder 150% recoil and hammer springs
                      WE Co2 magazines

getting around 370 fps with nineball rubber and 6.03 barrel ATM

Comment

Can you post a pic showing a comparison of the rubber with a normal one, and the same with the barrels?
                        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
                          Can you post a pic showing a comparison of the rubber with a normal one, and the same with the barrels?
                          As far as I can tell, the barrels are just a 6.01 TB. I couldn't see any difference, so decided to go for a more mainstream TB manufacturer if I found the hop worked.

Hop rubber design-wise, have a look on page 1 of this thread post #28
                          sigpic

Comment

I had the 97mm TB arrive today for my TM P226. I will be combining with the Devil hop rubber to see how they perform.

Barrel is reasonably well finished with a very shallow crown. The leading edge of the end of the barrel was somewhat un finished so I had to spend about 5 mins with an Ultra Fine Spyderco ceramic rod to knock the wire edge off this and create a nicely finished bevel. Otherwise the BB's would have possibly had slight issues when leaving the end of the barrel as it was a little poorly finished and rough.

Barrel is quite dirty inside so this will need cleaning, par for the course really.

Hop rubber window area needed a few seconds tidy up as there were some very sharp edges (wire edges) there.

Looks like a steel barrel on first glance but it is not as it is not reacting to a magnet and it is too light. I would have said an Aluminium alloy of some kind then.

First glance would suggest it looks well worth the money but testing will be the deciding factor!

Comment

Well I just fit the barrel and hop rubber to my TM P226.

Using propane and baring in mind the hop rubber is by no means settled in I just went through about 30 shots with .25 Blaster Devils. Shooting straight and level and not trying to over hop or lob shots I was able to consistently make a shot to 151feet (46 meters, accurately measured not guess work) foot range against a shed door (roughly a man sized target give or take) There was the occasional flyer where the shot over hopped or under hopped as you would expect from a bedding in hop rubber. There was a noticeable side wind as well so I compensated slightly for this.

.25 bb's are not really ideal for this pistol and set up, I would have preferred .28's or .30's but I don't have those to hand. This hop rubber was able to hop .20 and .25 weight bb's no problem.

Could this pistol do this with the previous barrel and hop unit? Truthfully I don't think the shots went quite so far with the stock barrel and hop rubber and I know the gun was not as accurate at long distances. So accuracy has increased for sure and range is extended at a guess with like for like .25's about 20 foot in terms of effective range. When I say effective range I mean pointing and shooting and not lobbing or having to over hop to get extra range. I set the hop so I got a slight rise near the end of flight. I believe I could punch out to 50 meters accurately with this gun now on .25's though that is about the absolute limit with my .25 bb's.

Plus again, I must stress, 30 shots through a new hop rubber is not a fair test.

Now with heavier ammo could I lob shots out to 60 meters with this gun? Yes I believe I could but I believe it would be harassment fire rather than aimed and accurate shots. Pretty much a pointless exercise with a pistol.

So, the question that needs answering in my mind. Is this hop rubber and barrel worth the £25 posted I paid for the pair? Every day of the week and Sunday. Worth every penny from the initial tests.

Comment

so when will someone review the AEG one?
                                is that even out yet?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DanEly Find out more about DanEly
                                Working...
                                X