X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to airsoft power limit enforcement

This thread refers to the 'info' posted on the following link:

UKAPU http://www.ukapu.org.uk/wordpress/?p=566

Full-auto or burst-fire capable : 1.3 joules (around 370fps with .2g bb)
    Single-shot only (including semi auto) : 2.5 joules (around 520 fps with .2g bb)

This means that a full-auto airsoft gun over this limit is now deemed to be in the most restricted category of firearm, section 5 firearms, is only available through a Registered Firearms Dealer (RFD) and would not be useable in airsoft. The minimum penalty for possessing a section 5 firearm without a section 5 licence is 5 years.

A single shot or semi automatic airsoft gun over 2.5 joules is now deemed an air gun and can be sold to anyone over 18 (as it is not subject to sections 36 to 41 of the VCRA 2006), but is probably illegal to fire at another human being and therefore also unable to be used at an airsoft site. Air guns are also subject to a number of other laws.
    So, according to UKAPU, you can just be 18+ and buy a replica imitation firearm which fires over 2.5 joules, no defence required.

BUT if you want to buy a RIF with, say, no inner parts at all - a shell - (i.e. sub 2.5J) you need to be a regular skirmisher.

What a crazy legal system we have!

Re: Changes to airsoft power limit enforcement

They need to totally clear with this stuff it seems, I have been away from airsoft for 3 or so years, but some sites say you don't need UKARA to sell guns just adequate proof that the buyer is an genuine air softer backed by and site and most people on here want UKARA to buy, very confusing.

Yea more and more broken down RIF's are going up on E-bizz all the time.

Crazy.

DB

Comment

It's all bull shit
      Originally posted by Artekus
      It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Originally posted by westywesty84 View Post
        It's all bull shit
        that's the government/VCRA act for you bud...

Comment

So does this mean that if your weapon on full auto was say 360fps in the eyes of UKARA and the VCRA the weapon wouldnt be considered as a hot weapon now? Even though it would be to site preferance of the FPS limit. And the same for Single Shot if the Weapon was 510 Fps? i know its not worth another 10 fps but i just for future reference. Dont want to be having a Hot weapon now.
          Alliness Saves Lives

If at first you don't succeed the call in a JDAM

Comment

Mabey it might be a good idea for sites to base their FPS limits around this data now.
            Theres quite a few sites starting up now with stupid fps limits.
            Theres one site I know off that is 350fps MAX, on ALL weapons (snipers, semi, the lot).
            So it might be a good idea that sites could up their fps limits to these readings.
            Originally posted by Tiercel
            The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Mabey it might be a good idea for sites to base their FPS limits around this data now.
              Theres quite a few sites starting up now with stupid fps limits.
              Theres one site I know off that is 350fps MAX, on ALL weapons (snipers, semi, the lot).
              So it might be a good idea that sites could up their fps limits to these readings.
              The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Who gives a rats ass ,that's pretty much no different to before. Sites will still keep their chosen limits so we just carry on as usual.

Comment

What about gas rifles? Their FPS is wildley inconsistant without an NPAS.

Comment

If they want to set a max of 350fps on all types that is up to them. You have the choice to play or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SmileyMan View Post
                      You have the choice to play or not.
                      Now, we have a firm grasp of the obvious.

If I'm just using my PDWs, SMGs or assualt rifles, I don't mind.
                      But I know a lot of guys that won't play there with sniper rifles because they run them, like me, at 470-490FPS. Now because of this there losing out. 420 is the lowest I'd go on a bolt action, other wise whats the point in having a sniper rifle.

Get my point?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                        Now, we have a firm grasp of the obvious.

If I'm just using my PDWs, SMGs or assualt rifles, I don't mind.
                        But I know a lot of guys that won't play there with sniper rifles because they run them, like me, at 470-490FPS. Now because of this there losing out. 420 is the lowest I'd go on a bolt action, other wise whats the point in having a sniper rifle.

Get my point?
                        You could learn to be a sneaky sod! i have a pet hate of people who just stand in the open taking pot shot because they can out range you. if you are going to use a sniper rifle be a sniper be stealthy take your time chose your shots. a good hop will always do better than fps just means your shot will take longer to get there.
                        Reformed Pacifist

Comment

I know that wild, but when I'm sniping I like my shots to hit sooner than later
                          But if I do the sneaky thing, my M4 is deadly for mid range.

Comment

Rules for the sake of rules for the sake of confusion and more red tape which has about as much clarity as a drunk man on a Saturday night!
                            You Know When You've Been Deagled!

Comment

Dafuq?

Why can't the government sod off and let us enjoy our hobby?
                              For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                              Check out my other sales!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                              Working...
                              X