ASG Dan Wesson Power down shells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG Dan Wesson Power down shells

ASG are releasing some bullet shells that reduce the power by over 50% making the gun to be 1J

sold in packs of 12 (no doubt retailers will cannibalise this and sell them separate for a greater mark up)
    Last edited by Coz; 18 May, 2012, 00:29.

Re: ASG DAN WESSON Power down shells

Arnt those the revolvers that are classed as air pistols so can be bought without a ukara? That will make for a daft way round getting a rif

Comment

Re: ASG DAN WESSON Power down shells

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
      Arnt those the revolvers that are classed as air pistols so can be bought without a ukara? That will make for a daft way round getting a rif
      There are 4.5mm and 6mm variants.
      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Re: ASG Dan Wesson Power down shells

"The Power-down cartridges for the Dan Wesson 6mm Airsoft revolvers reduces the velocity more than 50% by simply restricting the gas-flow thru the cartridge itself. This is a fast and simple way to lower the power to an average of 1 Joule or less, allowing the Dan Wesson to be used in all skirmishes and on all shooting ranges"

From http://www.actionsportgames.com/view...D=20204@@SHOP1

Comment

can you see a site bothering to police them though?

whats to stop a player chronoing with one pocket of "rounds" and playing with another? a lot quicker than adjusting npas or changing a spring....

How hard would it be to simply sell them with a weaker hammer spring?

Comment

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
            Some stores do sell them as air pistols as they are over 2j

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
            can you see a site bothering to police them though?

whats to stop a player chronoing with one pocket of "rounds" and playing with another? a lot quicker than adjusting npas or changing a spring....

How hard would it be to simply sell them with a weaker hammer spring?
            Very true, it would be just as easy for them to make a cartridge that takes green gas, I had a prototype one but my mate fu*%ed it up before it was finished

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post

the same thing that stops people from chrono'ing on heavy bb's then using .2's in game. 99% of airsofter's are good people and don't abuse the system.
              For Sale!
              TM M870 with a load of stuff
              A&K massada sniper spec
              Chronograph
              leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Or simply just put in a weaker hammer spring in at the factory to bring it down to under 350fps (like the simple guide in the tech section) rather than being able to shoot a small plane down.
                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Stephen View Post
                  the same thing that stops people from chrono'ing on heavy bb's then using .2's in game. 99% of airsofter's are good people and don't abuse the system.
                  Thankfully good quality bb's are coloured differently! I always get checked as I use blaster 0.25's and still seem to have stonking range on my gats

Not all sites chrono pistols, and GOOD sites carry the chrono for random checks throughout the day...

Comment

Are'nt these normally around 500fps? If so reducing the fps by more than 50% brings them down to Marui revolver territory which to me seems as useless as the higher fps.
                    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                      Are'nt these normally around 500fps? If so reducing the fps by more than 50% brings them down to Marui revolver territory which to me seems as useless as the higher fps.
                      My 8 inch was firing at 750fps in the winter at about 2 degrees. slightly too hot to use

Comment

The performance also goes down as the cartridge runs out of juice.

I would love to be able to use mine in a skirmish without risking messing the thing up!
                        Xadin {sha'din} Monkey

Next skirmish: GZ Woodland TBA

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                          My 8 inch was firing at 750fps in the winter at about 2 degrees. slightly too hot to use
                          Really? That is interesting, so we may finally have a skirmishable revolver then? Whats the hop like on these?
                          HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

what hop?
                            AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

I'm still kind of reluctant to buy one of these because they don't really replicate a real revolver.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coz Find out more about Coz
                              Working...
                              X