Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland set to ban airguns ?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...6908-23865167/
    After Andrew’s Law is passed at Holyrood, anyone wanting to own an air rifle will have to apply for a licence through police.
    Not sure if this will affect airsoft, any Scots lads on here ?

Re: Scotland set to ban airguns ?

Never mind banning Airguns give Junky wasters a lethal injection...SORTED.

Comment

This has been ongoing for a few years now and as I undertsand it there is currently no distinction planned between airguns and airsoft guns despite quite a bit of lobbying from the airsoft community up here. Fingers crossed they'll drag their heels on it.
      HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Ah yes, an article from the Daily Redneck, always to be taken with a pinch of....nay, a truckload of....hell, just dry out an ocean and roll in the salty sands left behind. It has indeed been ongoing for years, mainly due to those involved in trying to push this nonsence forward have no clue what the hell they are on about.
        Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
        you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
        eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

I hope they'll show some common sense in the issue but that's like asking a bear not to tear your head off if you anger it.

I suppose it'll come down to how they word this law and the setting of a test case.

It's a load of pish anyway, everyone always assumes people who use/enjoy guns are a bunch of clocktower climbing psychos in waiting.

As for getting licenced, I wonder if getting UKARA involved in some way could help towards that end?

Comment

UKAPU more likely...

Comment

Thats devolution for you. No real decent powers devolved to us....so the SNP sit around thinking ' i know, lets ban air guns'. Because that's what we need with a 'supposed' epidemic of people being shot by em. All because a few simpleton Neds shot folk, everyone has to be tarred by the same brush & cant be trusted. Same with airsoft. At one point you could be trusted, you could buy a RIF no worries at all without all this UKARA/Two tone stuff. Now everyones a terrorist or up to no good.
              Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by SBS Rusty View Post
                Thats devolution for you. No real decent powers devolved to us....so the SNP sit around thinking ' i know, lets ban air guns'. Because that's what we need with a 'supposed' epidemic of people being shot by em. All because a few simpleton Neds shot folk, everyone has to be tarred by the same brush & cant be trusted. Same with airsoft. At one point you could be trusted, you could buy a RIF no worries at all without all this UKARA/Two tone stuff. Now everyones a terrorist or up to no good.
                Actually it was Labour that pushed for the next wave of devolved powers including "real decent" tax raising powers aswell as this little "vote winner" but i'm hoping it may all become academic and be lost amongst the build-up to the independance vote.
                HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Hasn't the ban on Air rifles gone through ? I thought I saw it on the news this week that they had put it through. I hate news.

Comment

Sorry, my bad. The law is to go through near the end of this year.

Comment

I doubt it will affect airsoft just yet; airsofting is huge in Scotland.
                      However, the media doesn't stop creating a negative perspective on airsoft and will continue to do so, I wouldn't be too surprised if it started to get banned within the UK later on.
                      Originally posted by psirus101
                      I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Media.... a terrible thing if given to the wrong people...

maybe we should have a word with a bunch of journalists...

bring them to a game and show them how much we play to a manner to protect the sport...
                        If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Comment

I will be working with the Daily Echo later in the summer and I'll see if I can have a word with a few.
                          Originally posted by psirus101
                          I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

lets face it that wont help. remember news stories are just products that journalists need to sell to the public otherwise they would have no job and a story about men seen running around with guns in tactical vests is much easier to sell as a story than grown men running around playing with toy guns.

Comment

How many times has this happened someone dies from a gun, and then they try to ban them...banning guns won't do anything, I use my air rifle to take Rabbit. But it's the responsibly of the gun owner, obviously.
                              "I am still ready to shake hands with anyone who designs a better assault rifle than mine." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

slick63 Find out more about slick63
                              Working...
                              X