X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New hop unit for CTW and PTW owners

A recent post by STTS:

Originally posted by S-T-T-S UK
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the wait is finally over......................

I am very proud to announce that S-T-T-S, in conjunction with M.D.D. Developments, is launching a new Hop system for the Celcius CTW and Systema PTW weapons platforms.

Our new Hop unit has been completely redesigned compared to the Hop chambers that are fitted in the current CTW and PTW. The new Hop unit will be both easier to set AND will improve consistent accuracy, an outline of which is as follows.

Our new Hop unit (Patent Pending) holds the hop adjuster steady in two places which not only improves consistency with regards to the BB trajectory but also improves the overall range.

This improvement is so good that we will GUARANTEE that when fitted to a Celcius 6.00mm Reformation II Barrel, the standard Celcius Training Weapon barrel, you will be able to hit a torso sized target (2ft. x 2ft) with a .25G BB at 60m before the BB’s start to spread*

Our new unit also allows for the Hop to be set through the ejection port cover using your finger instead of via the hex screw which you have to adjust via the magazine well which is standard on both the CTW and PTW Platforms. This new system is both more convenient and quicker to adjust as the Hop can be set without the need to keep removing the magazine.

Constructed entirely in the UK from CNC machine processes, the new Hop Kit will come complete with the following:

• New Aluminium Hop Chamber
    • New Brass Hop Adjuster Ring
    • New Hop Adjuster Pins
    • New Barrel Key
    • New Steel Hop Adjuster
    • New Hop Roller Packing
    • New Pin for Roller Packing
    • New Chamber Packing
    • New Chamber Packing Base
    • Fitting Instructions

We expect the first batch to be ready for sale in late July and will have an RRP of £74.99 (subject to possible change). I have sent pictures to CK for him to upload so that you can see how it will work but please note the colour may be slightly different on the final production subject to anodising

It will be available exclusively in the UK from ******** in ******* and ********** in ********.

We are also inviting trade applications from dealers in other Countries so please contact me directly: [email protected] for more information.

*subject to your weapon being in good order with good air seals in the cylinder.

Enjoy!!

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Re: New hop unit for CTW and PTW owners

Also, I have one of these fitted in my Team Alpha, and gonna give it a whirl this weekend, so can give an unbiased review.

CK

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Woooohoooooo........ they are ready.

I have two on order.... my oppo is gonna try and personally deliver them to me in Germany so we can do a magazine article / review for them... and go on the smash around Monchengladbach / Dussledorf and talk drunken b*****ks about years gone by.

If all else fails - i am back in the UK for War & Peace, i will collect them then.

Quick question though - if your gun is still under warranty, noes the part need to be fitted by recommended dealer in order to not void the remaining warranty?

Comment

I don't actually know, i'd imagine so. Feel free to ask STTS yourself on the CTW forums.

Or if you don't want too, I can pop over and ask for you

Or I could use my Red STTSphone, or send out the batsignal.

Comment

LOL

I would normally ring my "man", but as i am an hour in front it is only 0750 in the UK and i would imagine he his just scratching his balls about now...

He'd be well chuffed to get a call off me whilst trying to eat his cornflakes!

I would try and get hold of Buster, but same time problem and as i understand it, he is on the road alot at the moment.

The other option of course is ask Madwelshman - he was involved witht the design and testing i believe... he should know, but is not yet online.

Comment

Won't affect your warranty fitting the best and only redesigned ctw/ptw hop on earth!

Running mine now for 2 months, the blokes a genius with a passion for perfection! Glad I could have been of assistance along the way!

Comment

hmm take it this is different to the one Tac was having designed...or is being designed....or whatever is happening because its been like 2 years
              Originally posted by Artekus
              It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

lol, this is different in the fact that

a/ it exists
                b/ it works
                c/ it won't cost you your first born child
                d/ it was designed by a non elitist ctw owner, but he's kindly making two, one for the ctw, one for the ptw

Comment

Sounds pretty cool to me, I'd be very interested in one for my PTW. Might as well put one on order now!

Comment

AND they are pretty colours.... oooohhh, aaaaahhhh.

Will these come as standard in the later S.T.T.S CTWs?

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
                      lol, this is different in the fact that

a/ it exists
                      b/ it works
                      c/ it won't cost you your first born child
                      d/ it was designed by a non elitist ctw owner, but he's kindly making two, one for the ctw, one for the ptw
                      Ha!!!!!
                      Originally posted by Artekus
                      It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

It's great news, and sounds like a good step forward for one of the weakest points of the CTW/PTW design. Hats off to STTS to continue to push this design forward, and helping teh UK users.

I would like to see these fitted as standard to all UK guns, but the price is so good it's not too much trouble to fit one afterwards.

Comment

They are an addon for the CTW, and at this time will not be as standard, or as far as I have been made aware.

But they are a nice blue colour as Loki stated

As welshman stated, a priveledged few have been testing these, and they all seem to be amazed by the results, I can't wait to get out and have a crack with it myself

Comment

I wonder how many ptw owners will bite their own nose off to spite their face? I've got one in both my ptw ('07 cqb) and my ctw hk416, but I bet you some would rather have shite range, inconsistent and slowly unwinding standard hops rather than something with a link to ctw owners...! their loss!

Comment

No doubt there will be a die-hard core group, but i think with the recent exposure and reviews, THAT divide is rapidly decreasing.

I put myself it the die-hard group for CTW owners... i will NEVER buy a new / nearly new PTW... i think they are brilliant, but value for money will ALWAYS send me to Celcius... and in particular, the S.T.T.S CTWs.

That is not say i wouldn't own a Systema, but it would need to be a gift as even second hand ones cost more than a brand new Celcius
                              (i do however own a bunch of pre-loved Systema magazines... i'm not a hater!)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CK Find out more about CK
                              Working...
                              X