Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chinese BAR 1918A2

Originally posted by Leon_London View Post
    I'm sure for that saving no one is going to expect the same quality, but I would hardly expect it to be rubbish either.
    no, i agree but £300 is still a lot of money so you are going to get some good quality, but there must be a £700 difference for a reason.

Comment

Noooo ive just brought an m2 as I didn't think this would be here so soon

Comment

Originally posted by 101stairborne-506 View Post
        well, i take it you havn't seen the finish on the chinese thompson wood kits, and the colour of the AGM MP44 wood really doesn't look right.
        Erm, sandpaper and wood stain. Sorted. :D

Well, I'd definately have one of these, but would prefer if they finally got round to doing a decent clone AEG MG42!!! But hell yes, I'll have a BAR too. As for not many people wanting them? Well, they thought they where taking a risk with the STG44 and the Sten, and they flew out the door! As will the PPSH (I've already got a pre-pre-ordered one!!). I admit to being a full on WW2 airsoft whore, and will buy any WW2 gun released if I can afford it. Will I use it a lot? Dunno, probably just in milsims, and the occasional walk on day, but it'll all depend what uniform I decide to wear at the time.
        Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
        you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
        eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Ill get one A. because I like them and B. because they don't seem to be pulling their finger out over the m60 pig and I can just about get away with using the BAR with my Nam as they were used in the early part of the war

Comment

A certain forum based on a certain kind of airsoft has a certain link to a certain airsoft gun (BAR).

Comment

As for the wood not being right I agree with ghost, a bit of woodstain and some work on distressing it will work wonders.

Also where do you get your references from? I am, if I say so myself a fairly accomplished model builder, static and RC. I have 4 Large scale RC Battleships, at least 7 RC planes in various stages of completion, all very large scale. None of these look new because they have had lots of weathering done to them.

You have to bear in mind when you look at weapons from the past you either look at well used guns in a museum or old faded pictures over 60 yrs old.

How long does it take for a gun in the field to look old? Not long I can guarantee you.

If you check out photos from say early 1945 of Stg 44's you will see they look ancient, but have a look at a pic of one straight from the factory floor, the shading of the wood is completely different.
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by 101stairborne-506 View Post
                no, i agree but £300 is still a lot of money so you are going to get some good quality, but there must be a £700 difference for a reason.
                Because they where the only ones doing it I expect. Had a VFC Mk43, and it truly was unspectacular when the performance was compared to the cheapsoft 249's that where about. It's main advantage was, it was different to all the other support guns, and thus, had a huge price tag. Now that the clone Mk43's are out, I have to say there is absolutely NO reason to get the VFC one, as the clone one is easily as good a gun, and has a far better box mag. Sometimes you pay for exclusivity rather than quality.
                Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Another reason for the cheapness, is the savings made in not having to do any research, and the minimum effort in producing the moulds etc from an original,compared to building them from scratch

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fizzy Find out more about Fizzy
                  Working...
                  X