Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta Project/Ares M200 Spring upgrades - Registering interest

Hi all.
    As some may know I've been playing with the BP spring M200.

Basically I'm in talks with a company about making some CNC upgrade parts for the spring version of the rifle.
    What I would like is a list of people potentially interested in some upgrade parts so I have some idea of numbers.
    From that I can get exact prices from the company for a batch production run.

Here is the list of parts I'm getting prices for:

Piston - Steel or Stainless replacement strengthened and bored for AEG spring
    Spring guide - Steel or stainless replacement strengthened/re-sized to suit AEG spring
    Sear - Steel or Stainless replacement
    Bolt retainer/cocking pivot - Steel or stainless replacement with increased dia to prevent bolt wobble

I am also looking to produce a stainless bolt tube, but that may be too pricey to be worth it seeing as the original Brass one seems to be holding up fine.

I will update as I get more info and hopefully some prototype pics.
    Luke.
    Yes
    62.50%
    No thanks
    37.50%

I want to check the re-release from ARES before I pick up the BP version, but if it's compatible or if I just go for the BP one after all, I'll be interested.
    It'll need to be shipped out to Japan for me, though.
    Since I can only have up to 1 jule in power over here, I'm more concerned with consistency.
    A set of barrel spacers would be worth considering. That's where a lot of the flyers are coming from.
    Cheers

Comment

Re: Beta Project/Ares M200 Spring upgrades - Registering interest

I thought because the bolt is short stroked you cant use a normal AEG spring? Id be interested in some parts but not the AEG spring
      https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - My Youtube channel.

Comment

Because the bolt is short stroked it would be easier if you COULD use an AEG spring (iirc as per A&K SVD?). What I'm doing is increasing the bore of the piston (doesn't need much) and matching the spring guide to it so that AEG springs will work, and also changing the materials for durability.
        It will allow you to tune the power of the rifle easier than cropping down APS/M24 springs to suit.

I'm hoping after an initial trial that a 1J spring with that long barrel gives around 400fps, but I hope to confirm that soon. It would make it easier to cock too if that were the case.

Comment

I messed around with my old ARES one before I sold it a LOT, 400fps is not an easy task. The length of the barrel works against you in so many ways on that gun.
          Also I don't think it was "short stroked" on purpose regardless of what they tell you. I had mine shooting at 90m/s (about 300fps?!) with a few spacers behind the spring. It didn't like it much and it still had atrocious accuracy.
          I honestly think the best thing you could do is to fabricate some kind of piston sleeve that allows a TM VSR piston to slot in. The latest pics from ARES show the M200 with its bolt in the loaded position and it's at least twice the stroke my old one had! I'm very, very hopeful!
          It hasn't arrived in Japan yet, though.
          I'm keeping my eyes peeled!
          Cheers

Comment

No worries mate.
            My BP M200 is shooting 490-500fps at the moment and that's what's wearing the ally sear, hence the planned upgrades before breakages. Its also hard to cock, not impossible but once you're tired from running with it you feel your arm struggle!
            By "short stroked" I mean that the bolt only moves about half the distance of say a VSR. That's why the piston is half the length and the bolt is a larger dia (nearly AEG cylinder size).
            I've had to cut down APS/M24 springs to play with the fps, but the ability to fit AEG springs would mean no trimming and it would be easier to pick springs to change the fps.
            Will keep people informed of how the bits progress and hopefully get an idea of prices.
            It would be nice to think I can help members to own an M200 that is reliable and fun to use in a skirmish!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Loose Hand Luke Find out more about Loose Hand Luke
            Working...
            X