Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft Systems new hop unit?

hello

I have heard a roomer that airsoft systems are bringing out a new type of hop up unit which has a cut off function i.e wont let you fire when the mag is empty, and I was just wondering if any one knows if this is true or have I completely misunderstood

sharpy

Re: Airsoft Systems new hop unit?

You've understood correctly, yeah.

Airsoft Systems have built a new hop chamber that incorporates a sensor that links into their ASCU V2 unit.

The hop uses an optical sensor to detect BB movement within it, and cuts out if no movement occurs. It not only stops the gun from dry firing, but also prevents further damage in the event of a jam.

I've held the 3D printed prototype of the hop unit, but I don't know when the actual finished product will be ready.

Comment

The AWS scorpion mosfet also had this feature. I've not seen the ASCU version but I guess it'll work like thsi one

http://youtu.be/3N041pkTOu8

That youtube users has a few other videos about the mosfet and bolt release feature, if you are interested look at his other ones where he talks more about it.

Comment

yeah this new hop looks like the bees-knees!!
        Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

amazing, so you could in theory create your perfect PTW at a fraction of the cost of a systema.
          I need one of these in my life

Comment

Or just go for a TM recoil, which, in my opinion at least, has more realistic features...

Comment

true

Comment

Very interesting!

Any idea on release?

Comment

I wouldn't hope on it being any time soon, same as their ASCU for v3 gearboxes that was meant to have been released a couple months ago. All the effort is being put in to their own aeg.
                  . .

Comment

I didn't know they were releasing their own AEG either, sounds interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by original poster View Post
                      I didn't know they were releasing their own AEG either, sounds interesting!
                      There's a good video on you tube of an interview with vladamir from
                      airsoft systems at the IWA 2012 show thats about 15 mins long, I can't link it as it mentions a retailer but it's worth watching. It goes over the features of the gun like:
                      Bolt release catch, trigger click, fire mode select, split gearbox rated up to 150% aeg springs, also shows how the gearbox is made in such a way that the piston engery is transferred to the guns body rather than the front of the gear box.
                      And also about a little about the hop up with the sensor to detect if the bb's moving to stop the gun firing
                      . .

Comment

Necro post!

Anyone know any more about this? Or when it will be released?

Comment

I heard that it was supposed to be released sometime in December, so due soon. But I think that story has been told for different dates over the past year... So I doubt it's coming anytime soon...
                          Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
                          Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
                          Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
                          Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

That is what i m fearing.
                            I've been told Q1 2013 but don't think it will stand...

Comment

That's a great point, been talked about so long, i'd almost forgotten about it.
                              "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sharpy Find out more about sharpy
                              Working...
                              X