WE MP5 GBB will we ever see it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE MP5 GBB will we ever see it?

What ever hapened to this, does anyone have any inside information?
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

They seem to have gone quiet on their gbbr's since Cybergun saw fit to try and sue everyone for "trademark" infringement.

I've been hoping that they've finally got a working prototype for a bit now myself as well.

Comment

Re: WE MP5 GBB will we ever see it?

I think it woul be a huge seller especially if they made as many external options as VFC have for theirs, a propper old school A3 for me please.
      HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

WE never really use real trades though, and I'm sure they haven't managed to Patent the form of the MP5 like they did with the P90. Anyway, Umarex hold H&K Trades so I don;t think that's the issue.

Comment

Also dont real MP5s have very little or no trades anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
            Also dont real MP5s have very little or no trades anyway?
            Yep, trademarks certainly aren't an issue with this. They're probably just focusing on pistols.

Comment

I too have been wondering what has come of this, not to mention their AUG and P90 GBBRs. Trademarking issues have never stopped them in the past (G36, AK, Dragunov, Glock) so I would assume it is something else. When you think that aside from VFC's poor overpriced attempt, no other manufacturer has made a GBB version of either of the aforementioned guns. The only reason why WE were able to get their first range of GBBRs out in such quick succession was IMO because they all shares a similar structure being simple 5.56mm AR type weapons or at least guns that would fit the same open bolt and trigger mech architectures inside their bodies. The P90 and MP5 are completely different beasts which probably require more R&D to get perfect.

If anything I think that they have shelved these models to focus on quick win cash cows like their AEG series and pistols to get some money in the pot to fund these lavish new models. Their expansion into the market has been quite aggressive over the last few years for an Airsoft company.

I, however like many others have cash waiting for an MP5 WE and the money is quickly burning a hole in my pocket.
              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

The P90 was down to cybergun. They have essentially copyrighted/patented the shape of the P90 as their own, meaning that despite having no FN trades, it breaches their copyright.

Comment

A WE MP5 will have too many problems. You would have to wait for Ra-tech/Crusader/TAF upgrades. A VFC MP5 with upgrades is far better? But for the price - too much!

Comment

Here is Taiwan, WE are producing and releasing products without testing and quality control. There are too many lemons with the F/P228 with the slide cracking. To get a new sdlide here takes about 24 hours, in Britain, longer?

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post
                      A WE MP5 will have too many problems. You would have to wait for Ra-tech/Crusader/TAF upgrades. A VFC MP5 with upgrades is far better? But for the price - too much!
                      Really? The WE G39 is perfectly skirmishable out of the box so I don see why an MP5 would'nt be.

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                        Really? The WE G39 is perfectly skirmishable out of the box so I don see why an MP5 would'nt be.
                        No lower receiver steel plates in the WE G39. It also has the same trigger box as all there rifles.

Comment

I'm sorry but the stock VFC MP5 is awful out of the box. Having tried one it was a nightmare what with leaking mags, massive cool down etc etc. Nice recoil though. Their new MP5K may be better though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post
                            No lower receiver steel plates in the WE G39. It also has the same trigger box as all there rifles.
                            And your point is?

I chucked 1000s of rounds down my G39 when I had it only problem I ever had was the little wheel on the hammer fell out.
                            You say the G39 has the same trigger mech as all their other GBBRs like its a bad thing, I see common parts across the range for ease of replacement SHOULD you need to replace them.
                            If the MP5 has trigger parts in common with other WE rifles then you have upgrades on tap that have been out for ages and are stocked just about everywhere.

Comment

I've yet to have my issues whatsoever with my M14, and all the internals are stock. My friends all run WE gbbr's, and none of them have had any issues themselves.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Devlin Find out more about Devlin
                              Working...
                              X