Smith and Wesson M&P released...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith and Wesson M&P released...

I see the new WE S&W M&P semi auto has arrived in stock over in the land of Hong Kong for $90 USD... so when are we going to see it over on these shores?

And since WE had beaten Marui to the market... who copied who?

Re: Smith and Wesson M&P released...

It'll probably be the WE G17 innards in an M&P shell.

So i'm going to stick with WE copying Marui in a round about way. The Circle of life goes on.
    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Cannot wait for this!!

Comment

Well as it is in stock and available over in the far east (without trades) then it shouldn't take long to get here..

And as for Marui, all I have seen from then is a solid block of carved plastic and the vague notions that they are thinking of making one at some point, hopefully the M&P from WE uses I similar system to the WE XDM.. as the XDM is pretty damn good.

Comment

That looks lush, I've never seen a clone beat the real deal to the market before! Kudos WE, I really like that, something different though I would be concerned about getting a plastic holster to fit it?
          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
            That looks lush, I've never seen a clone beat the real deal to the market before! Kudos WE, I really like that, something different though I would be concerned about getting a plastic holster to fit it?
            We brought out their 1911 before TM made theirs, but obviously it didn't work so well as most companies produce aftermarket parts for the TM and not WE. We will probably see the same with this, with Guarder ignoring the WE and waiting for the TM release until they make some new slides etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
              Blackhawk! do a serpa to fit it and you could always get a kydex one too. theres a multitude of manufacturers who produce custom kydex holsters out there but predominantly US based.

Comment

Iv got mine and I'm very impressed with it!

Very strong recoil, in fact the strongest Iv come across.

Comment

To be fair to WE, WE 1911's are not Marui Clones, they are pre-SCW Western Arms clones.... which did not translate well to metal based pistols. WE also happily clones Tanaka too for their Browning and Luger range...

Comment

Originally posted by Jamalen View Post
                    To be fair to WE, WE 1911's are not Marui Clones, they are pre-SCW Western Arms clones.... which did not translate well to metal based pistols. WE also happily clones Tanaka too for their Browning and Luger range...
                    They're more TM Hi-Capa really. The slide internals are almost identical to TM Hi-Capas, which is why a TM upper will work on a WE, but the lower is a Hi-Capa hybrid thingy with integrated guide rails and a Hi-Capa style side plate to get to the internals. They just copied what they had available at the time, and made it as thin as possible, maybe with some WA in influence

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jamalen Bought my first AEG in the early 1990's, Started my own site in 1999, ran an IPSC pistol club for a while... Find out more about Jamalen
                    Working...
                    X