WE SCAR H GBB and AEG systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE SCAR H GBB and AEG systems

WE just announced on Facebook that they are working on a SCAR H in both Gas Blowback and KATANA AEG formats.

Thoughts?
    Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Re: WE SCAR H GBB and AEG systems

The SCAR H was such an easy conversion for them, I don't know why it's taken so long to get it to market.
    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

hell yes to the gbb

Comment

How easy would it be to (basic) upgrade a WE SCAR-H to a DMR?

Because dammmn, i want that gun!
        TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
        TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

Originally posted by -Archer- View Post
          How easy would it be to (basic) upgrade a WE SCAR-H to a DMR?

Because dammmn, i want that gun!
          Very similar to making an ICS M4 in to a DMR, switch the spring in the cylinder, disable full auto and you're done.
          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

No doubt in my mind that this would be awesome! Love the TM Scar-H EBB. Can't imagine how nice that metal bolt would sound!!

Comment

Does anyone know how close to the real steel FN SCAR the WE GBB is? Have they just "scooped out" the AEG body (which would have been optimised to hold the AEG gearbox), or did they make a brand new GBB (1:1 accurate) rifle?

The reason I'm asking, is because (aside from the recoil) what would be the big draw of a WE SCAR, with no trades, and little similarity to the real steel, over say a TM Recoil SCAR, with at least proper trades, some recoil, and a hell of a lot of accuracy?

Aside from G&G's terrible combat machines (?), I always imagined the key point of GBBr's were to get an even more accurate replica. Take away the accuracy, and IMHO, you're better off with an AEG.

Comment

Originally posted by silasloki
                The reason I'm asking, is because (aside from the recoil) what would be the big draw of a WE SCAR, with no trades, and little similarity to the real steel, over say a TM Recoil SCAR, with at least proper trades, some recoil, and a hell of a lot of accuracy?
                Well, if you have no trades, you can get them engraved/etched. If you have "made in japan", "Tokyo Marui", and "ASGK" on the side of your gun your pretty much screwed for realism.
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

If it's as nice as my Scar L then about bloody time!
                  I'm not bothered if the trades are slightly the wrong font or it's missing "something". Stick a tightbore in and shoot it, if you miss...it's another excuse (if you need one) to pull the trigger again!

I hope its going to be worth the justification I now have to give my wife to get one! Lol
                  Mark

Comment

I know I'll be putting down a pre-order for one of these! Already got a TM Scar-L - great gun but always wished I had bought the Scar-H - and the idea of a GBB Version is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by silasloki View Post
                      Does anyone know how close to the real steel FN SCAR the WE GBB is? Have they just "scooped out" the AEG body (which would have been optimised to hold the AEG gearbox), or did they make a brand new GBB (1:1 accurate) rifle?

Aside from G&G's terrible combat machines (?), I always imagined the key point of GBBr's were to get an even more accurate replica. Take away the accuracy, and IMHO, you're better off with an AEG.
                      WE GBB rifles are built to real steel specs. So minus the trades they are about as realistic as you can get from a replica.
                      Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by DanBeresford View Post
                        WE GBB rifles are built to real steel specs. So minus the trades they are about as realistic as you can get from a replica.
                        Really? I mean, if you go over to other more specific forums related to gbbr's people have gotten pretty anal, I'm talking measuring tools, comparing Inokatsu's and Viper's to real steel M4's. Even down to the type and colour of the finish on the receiver. I've never seen anything like that kind of scrutiny on WE rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by DanBeresford View Post
                          Originally posted by silasloki View Post
                          Really? I mean, if you go over to other more specific forums related to gbbr's people have gotten pretty anal, I'm talking measuring tools, comparing Inokatsu's and Viper's to real steel M4's. Even down to the type and colour of the finish on the receiver. I've never seen anything like that kind of scrutiny on WE rifles.
                          I'm with Silasloki on this one, internally they are NOTHING like the real steal, the WA system is closer, even then you have the differences between Viper, Prime and Ino. Then externally they still aren't perfect.
                          WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

From what I understand, the WA system functions identically to the real thing, but it's off spec so can't be converted to fire live rounds

Comment

I think the WA system is the closest you'd want to get, I mean, we don't actually want to own firearms do we? However, while it's certainly novel to have (relatively) accurate internals, I'm more bothered about the externals. By externals, I'm talking dims, weight, etc....even trades are a "nice to have", but if all the other external details meet the real steel, I'd live without trades

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DanBeresford One of the founding members of the Anzio Immortals. http://www.youtube.com/user/AnzioImmortals Find out more about DanBeresford
                              Working...
                              X