KJW KP-09 (CZ75) pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJW KP-09 (CZ75) pistol

Couldn't see another thread about this on the news page so thought I'd pop one up.
    Just bought one of these bad boys and am hoping to pop up a review soon.

(Pictures borrowed, this isn't where I purchased the pistol)

Very nice quality, full metal except grips, design is a mix of KSC style frame with TM VSR style hopup and barrel.
    I bought both CO2 and normal gas mags.
    Will try and sort some pictures of mine and write a review soon when not working.

Luke

Re: KJW KP-09 (CZ75) pistol

I would be very interested to see what sort of FPS it is doing, especially on CO2
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Comment

CO2 was between 340 and 370, Green gas was between 320 and 340

Comment

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post
        CO2 was between 340 and 370, Green gas was between 320 and 340
        that's a shame. too hot for my local CQB site on CO2. infact, too hot to risk there even on green.
        Not actually a builder
        Not actually called Bob.

Comment

aye that was warm though , green gas would probably be below 330 every time normally but i warmed a few mags up to run through some tests when a new batch arrived

Comment

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post
            aye that was warm though , green gas would probably be below 330 every time normally but i warmed a few mags up to run through some tests when a new batch arrived
            Everyone is using the maple leaf hop ups here in Taiwan, and their BB guns are cranked up to high FPS. There seems to be no limit here if you are over 18 in survival game.

Comment

No photo's or other info to offer apart from some fps figures.
              All done indoors with Biosphere 0.2g

Co2: 345-357fps
              Green(blue guarder can): 280-290fps
              Green(HFC): 320-335fps
              Abbey Ultra Predator: Don't even bother trying it...

Still have Elite shooting green and red gases to try, and I'm after some of the Guarder super red stuff for sniper rifles.
              Its a cracking pistol to own. Not sure if the general performance/slide cycle with Green gases is poorer due to the pistol being set up for Co2 or if there's another reason. The Barrel and hopup ARE vsr style, but the KJW item has a rubber lug on both sides of the rubber and they're both shorter than the lug on a TM design, so you'd need to trim a (very) tiny amount off.
              Mags and valves etc are all great. No leaks and the CO2 is easy to change.
              All the controls work perfectly although using the trigger in double action mode is pretty stiff and may shock you the first time you try it.
              I've found mine has a bit of a large gap between the outer barrel and the bushing in the front of the slide, this results in more play than I'd of liked but isn't a problem.
              Range is lacking compared to my other pistols, even with the CO2. I think the hopup isn't putting enough pressure on the rubber, even with it wound right on.
              But other than that I love it to bits. Only thing I'd change would probably be the hop rubber or modify its adjustment, and then I'd add some wood grips and BOOM! CZ75 Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Hand Luke View Post
                No photo's or other info to offer apart from some fps figures.
                All done indoors with Biosphere 0.2g

Co2: 345-357fps
                Green(blue guarder can): 280-290fps
                Green(HFC): 320-335fps
                Abbey Ultra Predator: Don't even bother trying it...

Still have Elite shooting green and red gases to try, and I'm after some of the Guarder super red stuff for sniper rifles.
                Its a cracking pistol to own. Not sure if the general performance/slide cycle with Green gases is poorer due to the pistol being set up for Co2 or if there's another reason. The Barrel and hopup ARE vsr style, but the KJW item has a rubber lug on both sides of the rubber and they're both shorter than the lug on a TM design, so you'd need to trim a (very) tiny amount off.
                Mags and valves etc are all great. No leaks and the CO2 is easy to change.
                All the controls work perfectly although using the trigger in double action mode is pretty stiff and may shock you the first time you try it.
                I've found mine has a bit of a large gap between the outer barrel and the bushing in the front of the slide, this results in more play than I'd of liked but isn't a problem.
                Range is lacking compared to my other pistols, even with the CO2. I think the hopup isn't putting enough pressure on the rubber, even with it wound right on.
                But other than that I love it to bits. Only thing I'd change would probably be the hop rubber or modify its adjustment, and then I'd add some wood grips and BOOM! CZ75 Baby
                I have seen the outer barrel on youtube videos to have the stainless ones. I do prefer the stainless outer compared to the black finish. I would like to know where these people got theirs frrom.

There also seems to be a problem with field strip from another youtube vid, you have to pull the trigger to release the slide?

Comment

I really wish KWA would make a CZ
                  my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

Originally posted by two_zero View Post
                    I really wish KWA would make a CZ
                    They do... KWA have had a CZ75 ('KZ75') out for ages, and now ASG rebrand it also.

Comment

Aye, I liked my KWA CZ75 while I had it, a very good pistol let down by a poor KWA hop up design. Great if you're into that old school look but it just didn't suit my load out and it's not the most ergonomic of pistols.
                      - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
                        Aye, I liked my KWA CZ75 while I had it, a very good pistol let down by a poor KWA hop up design. Great if you're into that old school look but it just didn't suit my load out and it's not the most ergonomic of pistols.
                        Not ergonomic!?! Must be my hands, I find it the most comfortable pistol ever! You can get such a high grip on them, better than a Glock! Love them, wish a more modern CZ was made in GBB form by a reputable company! The only issue on mine has been the bad hop and the safety that fails to work.

Comment

I must just find having to cock the slide with the side of my knuckle hooked onto the rear iron sight and the release catch being too far away from the thumb as unergonomic, that said you are right it was comfy to hold when firing.

I also had a USP Compact at the time so I was somewhat spoilt with that. I don't find my Glock that ergonomic either, the mag release button is in just the wrong position and the slide release is just a little too far forward of my diddy little thumb.
                          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Yeah I don't know why the ones on youtube have stainless or chrome barrels.
                            The black paint on my barrel is starting to wear slightly on some of the edges and I can see that it has been at least nickle plated under the paint. I don't know why but maybe they had a problem with the finish on the plating and just over painted them?

In terms of comfort, its a lovely pistol to point, the only things worth mentioning are the slide release which may be a slight stretch for someone with a short thumb, and you have to remember how low profiled the slide is when cocking.
                            You have two options:
                            1) learn to grip only the rear of the slide and not the frame, or;
                            2) use your index finger on your supporting hand to pull back the slide from the front, just under the barrel, remember you don't need to pull it back all the way, just enough to lock the hammer back. Almost same technique that can be used to cock it single handed by pushing it against something hard, ie: table edge, dash board while driving etc etc

As for a strip down, YES you seem to need to pull the trigger to allow the slide to move forward.
                            You can remove the slide lock lever easily by lining up the two marks on the left hand side of the frame and slide, OR, by pulling the slide fully backwards.
                            Both positions work and the lever can be pushed back in easily too.
                            The problem which requires the pulling of the trigger is a strange one, but it is essentially because the trigger transfer lever sits up slightly too high and catches the frame. I'm still trying to work out why and if anything can be done about it, but its not really a problem as it doesn't interfere with the day to day working of the pistol.

Still very pleased with mine

Comment

From what I've seen on other sites, the silver barrel version is the one with the trades on it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Loose Hand Luke Find out more about Loose Hand Luke
                              Working...
                              X