Area MS338 and MS700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area MS338 and MS700

Starting to look like a very promising rifle, with optional spring, as or co2 kits!

Owner of DCS
    (Doom custom shooters)
    PM me for Custom work!

Re: Area MS338 and MS700

Loving the idea of the multi kits but whats the bet they cost a fortune and the thing itself will need £100's in upgrades to make it not shoot shite!

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

If that's not stupidly priced I'm having on of those. They'll shoot crap but nothing a tightbore and some hop mods won't solve for the time being.

Comment

MS700 is $360.00
        MS338 is $465.00

TX Kit is separate.

Comment

I'm wonderi if they'll be clever and make them vsr compatible, I'm loving the idea of having different calibers though,

Owner of DCS
          (Doom custom shooters)
          PM me for Custom work!

Comment

They are not VSR compatible at all.

Here is a bit on the diff upgrade kits.

Comment

Yes they are in the UK .yes they look the bollocks ... yes they are Ares gen1 tech so will fall apart if i look at one the wrong way

Yes i will be throwing my money at Matt very very goon

Comment

I watched a video saying they were vsr compatible. However that was from a different airsoft store which we all know couldn't exist...

Comment

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
                  I watched a video saying they were vsr compatible. However that was from a different airsoft store which we all know couldn't exist...
                  Interesting as info is flying about from a supplier that contacted Ares is that it is not VRS compatible. Will have to wait and see I guess.

Comment

It's an L96/VSR hybrid.
                    Not 100% TM compatible, but then again nothing is except the real thing.
                    All the blogs and forums I've been reading over here have said that its decidedly average.
                    On a plus note, the cylinder head, barrel, hop system, piston etc are all VSR.
                    The PDI raven cylinder set slides straight in apparently.
                    The BB ramp/ loading system may turn out to be a pain, though.

Final thoughts; I wanted to buy this as my ultimate "pimped out sniper", it didn't fit the bill and I ended up getting the ASW.338 instead. The finish on the ARES MSR was not up to par at all.
                    The black one was bearable, but only just. The FDE one was horrible.
                    I'm going to have equal or worse tuning issues with the ASW.338 but its worth it for the infinitely more impressive external build quality.

I couldn't get over the bump under the rail that ARES had to put on to make way for the BB loading ramp either.
                    Make sure to have a good fondle with it In a shop before paying out your hard earned notes for it.
                    The ASW on the other hand is a work of art! But if I hadn't had seen it before the MSR I might not have been so disappointed?
                    Good luck with your shopping to all.

Comment

Sorry to double post, but just found out that the trigger assembly is all different to VSR and L96 APS etc.
                      Sorry to be the one to bring the bad news. What is it with ARES and their one-off's?!

Comment

Liking the bolt action one
                        If you ain't first, your last!

Comment

umm they're both bolt action?
                          TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
                          TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

Originally posted by Jack.Murnin View Post
                            Liking the bolt action one

smirks and cannot help think this was a silly comment

as for the msr i will get a grip of one sooner than later but i think i will hold out just a little longer with my coin

Comment

So it's mostly vsr compatible. That will do me. (Id post the youtube link but ive had enough of the zeroin nazi's for one month) What's wrong with the externals? as I thought ares made the best guns externally then fitted the gun with parts made from cheese

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Doombull3t A small town fellow, joined the army at a young age, enjoy anything that means I can shoot the hell out of people and cause misery and pain to all :P I also enjoy the occasional brew! Find out more about Doombull3t
                              Working...
                              X