Celcius meets DTW...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celcius meets DTW...

...so it appears Celcius have had a joint effort with the new D&G to form a new DTW.

Comes with a Celcius reformation inner barrel (Which are quite good admittedly, but so is a Systema evo 2012) and a spare set of Celcius electronics.

$399 is the price.

Was posted on a HK retailer, and Celcius' facebook page.

Originally posted by S-T-T-S UK
    It s a need to know basis, and CK - you dont need to know..................yet
    Boy do I feel wanted :P

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Re: Celcius meets DTW...

$399... that is cheaper than many quality "AEGs"

My goodness... at that price everybody will be able to join in the TW fun and frolicks and they too can become an airsoft snob!!!!!!!

TWs are taking over the world people!!!!!
    (of course they will need to diversify their product range sooner or later)

Comment

Having laid hands on a DTW, (probably the one in the photo above) I don't think I'd be that keen, even at that price. It's pretty rough.

Comment

Specifications:

Celcius Mil-Grade Handguard & Grip
        Celcius - High Carbon Steel Stock Cap
        Celcius 6.00mm Reformation Barrel II – Stainless Steel
        CNC Processed Aluminum Outer Barrel

ECU & Motor:
        DTW ECU - Full Auto / Burst
        DTW MOSFET Board
        DTW Motor
        EXTRA Spare: CELCIUS MX-3 Electronic Set (Programmable Full Auto & Burst)

Cylinder: DTW with Celcius Spring Installed
        Muzzle Velocity: 420-430FPS (Standard)
        EXTRA SPARE: Celcius Mil-Grade Polycarbonate Piston

Gearbox
        DTW Planetary Gearbox

Magazine
        120 Rounds High Speed Magazine
        Steel Case

*FREE-EXTRA Spares:
        CELCIUS MX-3 Dynamic ECU (Programmable Full Auto & Burst) & DP-SYSTEM MOSFET board.
        Celcius Mil-Grade Polycarbonate Piston

Courtesy of TRH.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Sounds pretty good to me. Wouldn't replace my PTW however would make a nice back up
          “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

I'd be interested in having one as a back up/wet weather TW
            "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

Some others are skeptical, but it sounds like a winning combo to me, i'm keen to have one Now to decide between a CPK or a DTWMX3

Comment

when's this likely to be out? May consider this apposed to my TM as a back-up for the CTW
                sigpic

Comment

Random dislike lol.

They haven't announced a release date yet.

STTS posted this:

Originally posted by S-T-T-S UK
                  To help people understand this 'joint CTW / DTW product', I feel you should have more information instead of the mass speculation that is currently going on:

Celcius and D&G are 2 separate companies BUT they are run by very close friends.

The initial DTW's were built to judge customer reaction to a cheaper TW platform and to see what could be done using lower grade parts.

After initial trials, the 2 owners have decided to join expertise and offer the 'joint' platform as it was identified that several of the D&G original parts were not up to standard and had a very high failure rate.

Within 3 - 6 months, the DTW will come with several CTW parts fitted as standard.

Whichever way you are looking at this, it is a very bold step for these 2 companies to work in partnership to introduce a Training Weapon that is now even more affordable than before, remembering that 18 months ago the only option for a TW was a Systema PTW at £1400 approx. and within this time, the MX-3 at £739, the Team Alpha II at £567.89 and the MX-Professional Kit at £500 have all been introduced very successfully to the market.

This new system will allow for an even more affordable introductory TW System to be purchases for only £375 aprox. with a warranty and so allowing more airsoft players to switch from the 'spray and play' mentality to the aimed accurate shot system of play.

It is a very exciting time for the Airsoft Industry as with many companies introducing price increases on their products, Celcius is trying to buck the trend and do the reverse and offer a TW platform for ALL budgets :D

I hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
                    $399... that is cheaper than many quality "AEGs"

My goodness... at that price everybody will be able to join in the TW fun and frolicks and they too can become an airsoft snob!!!!!!!

TWs are taking over the world people!!!!!
                    (of course they will need to diversify their product range sooner or later)
                    What he said ^^^^^^^. He seems like a good egg and knows his stuff.

Oh, wait..............

Comment

win win all round!

Comment

Now this is a crap load more appealing that a standard DTW....

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Feck me, at that price its almost worth getting to see if I can cram it into an AK body & magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Skolob View Post
                            Feck me, at that price its almost worth getting to see if I can cram it into an AK body & magazine
                            Thinking along the same lines but with a Scar L/Masada

Comment

Scar-L and Masada have the problem of a polymer body, which means mounting an M4 metal receiver on the inside. This can be done, and has been done, but is difficult.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CK Find out more about CK
                              Working...
                              X