Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA set to discontinue their H&K Guns

Hi all,
    Not sure how much truth is in this (or how old this news might already be) but according to a thread on the KWA forum they are set to discontinue H&K branded items.
    Apparently due to not making enough cash for Umarex they have pulled out of the deal meaning both mags and guns will eventually be in available.

As if it wasn't hard enough getting MP7 mags already.
    sigpic

Re: KWA set to discontinue their H&K Guns

Thank god i already have 9 MP7 magazines XD
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

So you've got them all!
      sigpic

Comment

Does this mean their H&K line would be discontinued completely? Or will they still be bringing out these models without the licensed trades?

Comment

That's what I wondered but apparently they're discontinuing them altogether.
          sigpic

Comment

If you look on their site they no longer have any info on the USP range, MK23, MP7, HK45 or indeed any HK licences AEG's.
            sigpic

Comment

Well that sucks. KWA is my number one stop when Im looking for an H&K gun!

Comment

And this people is what happens when greedy companies like Umarex and Cybergun try and take over the world.
                That and the price tags being knocked higher by said distributors.

Sad news if it is true.

*Does this also mean that MP7s are now going to be worth 5 times their original price on the forum classifieds?*
                **people, BFGs are not worth 120 quid second hand, you can buy new for 90!**
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Probably not, because the TM one will just take over as the most popular, glad I just got my MP7 back now.

Comment

This is hardly surprising, I knew this would happen as soon as VFC announced their version of the MP7 seeing as we all know how friendly they are with Umarex. I couldn't see Umarex listing the same product from two different manufacturers in their catalogue.

Either way, I say let it happen. This will free KWA up to make more affordable, interesting guns like the MP9, LM4 PTR, Kriss Vector and the Tokarev with their excellent internals and great performance and it will lumber Umarex with horrendously overpriced, unreliable junk which no one will buy.

Had KWA have made the MP5 more people would have bought it, still probably wouldn't be able to get mags for it though.
                    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Kwa have given up on USP and other HK products? Hmmm I suspect that "KSC Japan" will be releasing their range of HK products again shortly. Like the USP, MP7, HK45 etc... But without the umarex licences.

Comment

I'm sure KSC will keep making them. Nice to see they're already making more interesting stuff though. At Shot Show they had a KWA GBB Masada, and a really nice Sphinx SDP Compact - other variants will also be released. Maybe it'll turn into their new staple pistol series, like the USP was.

Comment

The issue is though that no one else makes decent USP's we are beholden to kwa/KSC.. And if kwa release through Japan now you are looking at £200 for a USP45

Comment

You can get a S7 KSC USP from Asia for about $150 or so if a Taiwan model, or $200 for a Japanese one. I doubt it will change much.

Comment

Not sure who ACTUALLY makes it but a US retailer is now listing a "Umarex" traded AEP MP7, the thing looks bloody awful, with a detachable cheap foregrip, and gone is the normal fully retractable stock for some half retracting M4 type sliding stock.

Umarex has a lot to answer for!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sonicninja Find out more about sonicninja
                              Working...
                              X