M1 Garand AEG and ICS Rifled 40mm grenades at SHOTSHOW 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M1 Garand AEG and ICS Rifled 40mm grenades at SHOTSHOW 2013

If these nades ever make it to the uk I'm binning my dmr, buying a glm and fitting the biggest scope you have ever seen to it. 100+m effective range. I shall spend all day running round shouting "BOOM! Headshot!"

Comment

i reckon even if the grenades make it to the uk, no site will ever allow them. too much risk if they hit someone in the face from 4 feet away when some noob slips up. plus, doesnt rifling make them a guided weapon, same as the first gen tlsfx motar rounds that got redesigned fairly rapidly
      -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
      -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Possibly. Although it doesn't have fins, or made of metal. Rifling adds a spin to it like a hop does to a bb, just the other way. so technically a bb is guided. This is however the uk and the laws are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
          Carry a spare empty clip and bounce it off your helmet
          Now there's a trick shot, Buffalo Bill and his wild west show, never thought of....
          "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Someone on the WW2 Airsoft forum pointed out an obvious error in the ICS Garand:
            You shouldn't be able to see a gap between the barrel and gas cylinder at the front end.

Comment

If these can be had in the UK legally I will have a serious case of WANT!!!

Especially if they do smoke rounds, and the delay fuse rounds! Would love to just lay down a carpet of smoke without having to get in throwing range!

Comment

those nades would add a whole new element to games as you would actually be able to use a launcher as it was intended rather than as an oversized shotgun. I will buy me a MGL and a bandolier full of the delayed fuse and smoke ones as soon as they are here AND sites say they will allow them of course.

Comment

ICS are thinking about making a China Lake 40mm Grenade Launcher. Goto their facebook pages and tell them you want one.

http://www.facebook.com/ICSairsoftgun?fref=ts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h8T35TnOMM

These new Grenades will be awesome with a China Lake.

Comment

There was a build thread for that China Lake prototype on the Replica Props Forum a while ago.
                    IIRC, it was built entirely out of PVC pipe by someone in Singapore.
                    He said he wouldn't reveal any more details as he was talking to a manufacturer about selling his design.

The problem would be that the grenades would need to be the same size, and end-to-end stackable in the tubular magazine.

Comment

It was a guy from the Philippines called Renegadecow over on arnies who built it, and a wonderous thing it is too.

Comment

Bit unfortunate, how the price of the gun went from £300, to £400, once the UK retailers, got hold of it though.
                        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by philbucknall View Post
                          It was a guy from the Philippines called Renegadecow over on arnies who built it, and a wonderous thing it is too.
                          He also posted it on RPF, which is where I saw it.

Comment

Oh my god.... that China Lake....

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

I need an ICS grenade launcher now and a bandolier full of those babies.
                              I hope they aren't silly money though because if i lose one...

Edit: Oh its one round one use... shame, but I'll still give them a go.
                              Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                              Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

I've been doing some preliminary investigation into manufacturing a china lake - unfortunately i have no idea how to make a working pump mechanism that isnt overly complex
                                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
                                Working...
                                X