ARES new sniper rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARES new sniper rifles

The MSR let me down pretty badly. WA2000 is nice but not an AEG like it deserves to be. I could talk about the ups and downs of ARES for ages but ill cut to the chase:

As a former owner of both STAR and ARES versions of the M200 (and I've played around with my friends Beta Project version too) I knew what to expect of the ARES EDM 96 Windrunner and the rehashed m200.

They've both come out in Japan now and to cut a long story short;
    I was wrong!! The M200 is 6kg! That's a 2.5 kg saving over the old versions and the Beta Project. The EDM which has less material around the barrel area is less than 5kg!
    I'm afraid I've forgotten how to think in pounds and ounces but trust me this is big difference.
    All the steel has been replaced with aluminum and the receiver has a plastic sleeve inside giving it true VSR compatibility (at bloomin last!)
    Might not be 100% compatible but the old version and the Beta Project versions have about an inch of stroke.This new one is infinitely better.
    If it has the same silly magazine problems the MSR has ill be peeved, but I doubt it because these 2 new rifles don't have ramps for the BB's to be pushed along.
    Just had to communicate my joy somewhere. If there's interest I might try and get a more detailed review up once I get mine. I normally skirmish with my ASW.338 or my M24 on my back, never thought I'd be able to do it with a Cheytac! Loving the idea.
    Cheers

About the Author

Collapse

Cerbera An English man in Japan. 14 years in Japan, any questions, give me a shout! Find out more about Cerbera
Working...
X