Collapse

News like this really doesn't help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: News like this really doesn't help....

Originally posted by tacmedic View Post
    Ok Panoptes how would you elpain what we do ? Iam not trying to start a fight of words .
    What do you tell people you do ?
    I'm with you - it should be classed as a sport (it's closest to hunting, IMHO) but it isn't as far as I'm aware. It's just a hobby/pastime.

Comment

They seem a little extream the guys from work could handle paintball this is a little diferent. I call it a sport but your right its hard too define

Comment

I think I am right in saying that paintball is classed as a sport, but as far as I am aware they have organised competitions and events. To get recognised as a sport then I think this is the road airsoft needs. I for one don't like the idea of competitions. I do it for the enjoyment.

I also Wargame and model both to good standards but I never enter comps as I find them too bitchy and lots of infighting/backstabbing.

Back on topic though, and to be honest, unless it is publicised and brought to the attention of the masses, what it is we do and how it is regulated, then there will always be the minority who lump us with the bad boys. Just like all bikers are lumped as thugs and idiots
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

yea, doesn't really help us
          like i see rif,springers on sale all the time in notts all they ask if that your 18
          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 10 February, 2010, 17:04. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by NULL View Post
            like i see rif,springers on sale all the time in notts all they ask if that your 18
            What did the police say when you reported it?

Comment

what a blow! that isnt cool! what your doing sounds really good though! i give you thumbs up for the commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by steveoz View Post
                It's a bit of a blow to the local airsofting community, I mean, our local site is closing down, and we are having enough trouble trying to find another site as it is let alone stories like this comming up in the town to put people off.

No doubt it will mean the local airsoft shop will have a visit from the old bill.

Perhaps it was bright green! But true, we will have to see, I've not heard back yet, will follow up with a phonecall tomorrow if I don't get anything back. Short of that it's some detective work to try and find the owner!
                just needs some positive spin........ IE stuff about team building, fitness, keeping kids off the streets, encouraging respect for firearms, promoting responsibility and education etc etc
                WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steveoz Find out more about steveoz
                Working...
                X