Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

KRISS terminate KWA agreement - No More KWA Vector!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KRISS terminate KWA agreement - No More KWA Vector!

Originally posted by tisane View Post
    Warranty support to start.

And just because you don't make the gun doesn't stop you making money on parts, just ask the likes of TSC, RA-tech or any other "parts" supplier.

Brembo don't make Porsche a Ferrari, don't stop them making brakes for them.
    But there are many more ferraris and porches that there are KWA Vectors.

Comment

Plus unlike for example the "V" recoil mechanism the brake pads on a porsches and ferrari's arent patented and or copyrighted......
      Originally posted by tackle
      For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

I heard today tha is inst jus exclusivity that has ended but the whole deal with KWA. So they have had to cease any and all production of the KRISS replica and the AEG is dead in the water as far as KWA are concerned.

If you've got one, then congrats, it's quite possibly the shortest production run in Airsoft history!

Comment

Let the panic buying begin ( I just bought another two mags )

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter512 View Post
            Plus unlike for example the "V" recoil mechanism the brake pads on a porsches and ferrari's arent patented and or copyrighted......
            Yes but there's more to a Vector than its "patented" recoil system.

Why they would need to patent something so unique is also beyond me, when was the last time we saw a V type recoil system?
            In airsoft anyway.

They can't offer a full replacement to those who suffer a failure and are under warranty, so somehow they HAVE to offer either repair or parts to repair it yourself.

Comment

I don't think the warranties will be worth anything. If what some former employees are saying is true.

Comment

Then KWA will be in trouble....lol

It's not so much us as I bet very few, if any of UK owners even bother with the warranty card, but I bet their US customers do.

Comment

how are the in so much trouble? they seem to ave a soilid fan base...what went wrong?
                  TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Well i just went hunting for info on this across many of the forums across the interweb....

Firstly , some bad news - From Arnies.

"Nope... KWA is done. They can no longer produce and distribute the GBB Vector. Nor the AEG version that's in the work since last year. I know.... I was there.

Perhaps a better question should be asked "What did Yih Kai (KWA's manufacturer and owner) have done to ###### off Kriss?"

There is not much more I can say publicly at this moment. But I will say this.... what they did, not only cause one person to quit US office. More than HALF of KWA staffs in US have QUIT their job. Think about that.

Former KWA Product Marketing Manager

- Allen"

Which....is interesting
                    Good news however , found this from a KWA customer service manager and administrator on the KWA forums.

"Guys, we will be restocking the parts for the product soon, and we will have continued product support". ( referring to the kriss)
                    "We will get magazines in for the Vector as soon as we can. "

However, later this customer service manager goes on to say this. ( may be just trying to calm the storm however)
                    "Don't believe everything that you read guys. And to say that KWA employees QUIT....um, not really truth either. Allen quit, yes...can't say the same for everyone else."
                    and as a end to the thread he said this
                    "We will have continued product support, I will be receiving the parts that we have not yet received from the factory very soon.

It's one gun out of our lineup, we have plenty more coming. We will see the ATP Auto very soon and should have the AK-G by summer."
                    Sorry for the long post , but feel this may shed some light on this storm.

Comment

So while this gun may 'increase' in price from a collectors point of view, it's value will drop like a stone for actual skirmishers. I know the Service manager is saying they'll get parts in, but I doubt it, or at best, we'll see a gradual run out of parts stock until the whole system is rendered obsolete. If I were selling this gun on the second hand market I'd be a bit worried right about now.

Comment

Maybe someone will make some Glock 21 mags for it. Like how Angry gun made the MP7 mags, there is nothing stopping another company making mags that will fit.

Comment

Good, perhaps they can release the damn Makarov that they promised to us Russian fans last year...

Comment

The Vector has never really interested me, the ergonomics seem a bit off for what is, essentially a machine pistol. :/

Maybe I'm just jaded.

This is sad news though, I've had numerous KWAs, all have been excellent for build and performance. I hope this doesn't spell their demise.
                            - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

i was talking to someone earlier in the year about this, apparently Kriss were planning to sell some of the airsoft type themselves along with the real, and kwa were more interested in getting them to retailers, so when they were launched, shops had lots, and Kriss hadnt recieved a single one.... this pissed them off

so in jan/feb, the guys i was talking to were saying it wouldnt be a surprise to see kwa dropped very very soon
                              Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                              Working...
                              X