SRC XM8 Gen III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC XM8 Gen III

I just stumble across this on a (not to be mentioned due to forum rule) UK airsoft retailer.

Has anyone seen these before as I imagine they would be much better than the AGM version.

I personally dont like this gun but I imagine there may be some people out there who do.

Re: SRC XM8 Gen III

I personally don't like the agm as they look nothing like an xm8 These however are very close likenesses. I have just bought from probably the the same site you are on about, in Scotland a G36 KV and must say I am very very impressed price is Chinese but quality is Japanese and definitely rivals high end guns in quality and materials used
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I saw this too and, God help me, I really thought about it for a few seconds as the SRC Gen 3 guns are supposed to be so good.
      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 11 February, 2010, 00:50.
      sigpic

Comment

it is really sad when you think about buying a gun you can't stand. I too thought it looked nice and thought to myself why not. Only for a few seconds mind you, but nevertheless!!
        Feedback link

Comment

Saw this too, and trust me my mouse cursor was over "Checkout"!
          Have I bought or sold an item that relates to you recently? If so, please leave me my iTrader

Comment

Yeah put them both side by side and you wouldnt think they were supposed to be the same weapon
            Feedback link

Comment

Could one of you PM the retailers address please, I am quite interested in SRC Gen 3's but don't know of a UK retailer. Cheers.

Comment

+1 on the above.
                its a shame that if its an item z1 dont stock you cant link to it still its their forum so cant complain too much
                cheers

Millest's Mediocre Meanderings
                Millest's Ebay

Comment

Just do a UK google on SRC XM8 and you'll find them.
                  sigpic

Comment

you can't link from Z1 anyway. I don't like it, seems way to futurastic

Comment

Well thats because it is:D Remeber it was an experimental weapon not mass produced.
                      Feedback link

Comment

It's a classic case of trying to be too progressive. There was a few great features to the XM8 that H&K should have just pushed rather than trying to assault with too many.

Examples of going to far would be the pushing of a new pictanny system rather than just having 1913-Std rails which would have meant having to buy all new accessories. Using G36 mags that are completely un mag-pouch friendly which would meant the US would have also had to buy new loadbearing or carried less ammo. The intergrated Sight and laser which caused far too much issues with the cost and weight of the rifle. I mean they were even trying to get a CPU in there at one point to act as a bullet counter for post-ops reports.

What they should have been pushing is the just the modular Barrel system, incredible reliability and damn awesome ergonomics. These great features, you will notice have recently popped up on the ACR.

Makes you wonder what would have happened if H&K has simply presented the HK416 in 2005.
                        "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

heard nothing but good things about the gen 3's. For the price you get a lot!
                          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

It is strange i like the G36 and not the XM8 considering they are the same family of rifles.
                            Feedback link

Comment

I have wrote a review on my SRC G36 KV on here under the reviews section. there are a few little niggles but really the gun qiality both internally and externally are awesome and i personally rate them at least on a par with Top end japanese stuff. I have tried like hell to twist the gun and make it creak and it just wont budge. It is also heavier than the WE gas blowback SCAR which has supposedly more metal content. Quite simply I would get one before SRC realise they are underpricing themselves.
                              Feedback link

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Abbadon101 Find out more about Abbadon101
                              Working...
                              X