Tornado Impact Grenade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tornado Impact Grenade

It is the gas that makes it spin. There are 2 outlets on the grenade for the bb's, 1 with an outlet pointing 45 degrees upwards the other at 90 the force of the gas and bbs is what make it spin and the irregular angles of the bb chutes makes sure the grenade doesn't spin in a uniform manner and this makes it spread the bb more randomly.

If you watch the Vid when he hits it against the wall you actually see it spin. I do agree with you to a certain extent about having to throw it an not roll it but you can still get distance with a throw of about 12" height from the ground. Also the Tornado is a damn sight lighter than a BFG I own them both and can confirm the BFG is about 2 times the weight
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I have seen this or something very similar in use at a local airsoft retailer, it is very impressive for room clearance and the spead is around 5 metres. I would say however that for woodland and open areas the effect can be greatly dimished by debris blocking the grenade stopping the bbs from spreading in a wide arc. Still good to see an innovative piece of kit.

Comment

epic fail, it only needs one impact for it to detonate, so if your pinne in a corridor, the accuracy you need to clear the obsticle is daft, you have to launch it, and make sure it hits within a metre or so of your intended target..... cod style direct impact anyone? nah, not if its the weight of the uber epic fail last nade they made... sod that.

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
          epic fail, it only needs one impact for it to detonate, so if your pinne in a corridor, the accuracy you need to clear the obsticle is daft, you have to launch it, and make sure it hits within a metre or so of your intended target..... cod style direct impact anyone? nah, not if its the weight of the uber epic fail last nade they made... sod that.

clear what obstacle? and as said above the spread of bb's can be up to around 5m. which is plenty for room clearance if you ask me.

Comment

I am assuming all these negs are coming from people who haven't actually used it. And most places play the rule that any explosive device has a 5 mtr kill radius anyway whether you are hit by bb's or not so wheres the problem. You arent supposed to be chucking them 30 of 40 yards you are supposed to be chuckeing them in doorways. Also have a mix of grenades. Just as in real life different grenades for different applications.
            Feedback link

Comment

What happens if the nade takes a bb hit when armed? Does it go off?

Comment

no it needs a bit of a jolt to go off a bb wouldn't give that amount of force.
                Feedback link

Comment

Must admit i prefer BFG's so long as they are used right....... (safely i mean) as they are heavy buggers......... Now if someone would create something that had the mechanism from a BFG, make it "Soft" for a bit of safety and less heavy, that would be ideal.......

Comment

They need to be heavy duty because of the type of mechanism. Ie blank firing rounds. Lightweight would be a massive fail as it wouldn't stand up to much use. I do agree though if it could be done then great as i like BFG's more than any other grenade
                    Feedback link

Comment

i look forward to the woodland version, maybe with some sort of base plate to spin on

Comment

That would be good but unless they redesgn the grenade, almost impossibile. The gas refill Valve and the arming plate are all at the bottom.

They may be able to manufacture some sort of device to hold the grenade while the device spins. But to get the grenade to spin on a plate wouldn't work in my opinion.
                        Feedback link

Comment

i would love to give one off them a try

Comment

At least there isnt a dodgy timer on it like the original Tornado, mine was a pain at times.
                            Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I am not playing Airsoft

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

purchase Find out more about purchase
                            Working...
                            X