Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vfc gbb ump

Oh yes they are available

Looks brilliant but the already limited capacity gas mags only hold 25 rounds

Re: Vfc gbb ump

Usually I would be seriously excited about a GBB UMP. Ive been wanting some sort of recoil UMP for a while now, whether it be EBB or GBB.

Fact is though, its made by VFC, and we all know theyre GBBs are definately the worst on the market, and not anywhere near worth what they sell them for.

Comment

It's annoying to see companies output crap, even when a simple trawl of the forums would show them a cross section of customer feedback. On the other hand, maybe it's time to stop thinking of VFC GBBR as functional skirmish rifles, and see them more as 'functional' ornaments for collectors, you know, the same people who'd be interested in buying deacts or weapon props. After all, that's all they seem good for.

Comment

I can't speak from experience but I don't think VFC have done too bad a job on this. From the onset it certainly looks about as good as what any other GBB maker would put out for the price and that is the key thing VFC might have got right from what they got wrong with the MP5. That gun really was an expensive door stop which was a shame as I find it criminal that no one has made a decent quality MP5, yet newer and less proliferant MP7s are being spat out every week it seems.

First thing I would do it replace the trigger mech as, just like their rivals at it's price point, it's made of pot metal. Performance doesn't look too bad either from the vids and I like their adjustable recoil system as well.
        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Seeing some videos on this I think it would be a worth a shot getting one. They certainly seem far more functional than the MP5, so maybe they learnt from it. Not seeing many complaints or breakages online so far.

Comment

It's cheaper than a WE M4 as well, so it seems.

Comment

My VFC MP5 blew its guts down the barrel on the second round of the second mag which to fair I was prepared for all be it not so soon, but with the azimuth nozzle & a decent downgrade in power, I'm getting 280fps on green and 277fps on ultra, the cool down is fast on full auto but I can;t think of a single gbbr that can do full auto without cool down.
              On semi it functions very very well and even on 144 gas it is still putting out 270fps with no problems in cycling.

I'm only adding this because I have a UMP related point, I'm due to test one friday morning so I'll give a decent report then.

AP.

Comment

only 25 rounds in a chunky ump mag...They clearly haven't sorted the gas system yet if they are only confident in getting 25 rounds out...Instead of releasing all these models, why don't they pump some money into R&D of the gas system. Then build some cool gas guns like this. I would love a gas ump, but I am not paying for something I cannot play with. It cannot be that hard to get a decent gas system with all the others out there. Don't all airsoft manufacturers copy each other's designs anyway?!
                TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Sometimes I think manufacturers just try to get the 'newest' product out as quick as possible because they know buyers will flock to it BECAUSE it's the newest thing on the market, and in cases like this UMP, the only one on the market. I even get the impression that gun makers don't give a shit about negative feedback because in spite of it those companies go on operating and making money, and at the end of the day that's what they're all about. Don't believe me, just look around, how much hate is there (on the forums) for companies like Umarex, Cybergun, and others, yet these companies continue to thrive.

I'd so like this gun to be a good unit, but I really don't trust VFC with gas. Maybe Vipertech will one day realise the firearms market consists of more than AR15's......then there might be a UMP to get excited about.

Comment

Had a poke and a shoot of one and it fires the same as EVERY other GBBR, forget the full auto and burst fire, stick to semi.
                    The mag holds about 60 rounds of gas if you fire it conservatively, the kick is the same as the VFC MP5, and like the MP5 it will cycle any gas you put in it.
                    AP.

Comment

I sincerely hope that's the only similarity.

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                        only 25 rounds in a chunky ump mag...
                        isnt that real steal capacity like most gbb rifles/smg,

and a good way to make more money
                        Head shot aka open minded

Comment

Khanseb has placed an unboxing video of it up on Youtube, for £275 you are getting quite a bit thrown in. Spare spring for winter/summer, etc, traded mock suppressor, two shot burst function (a'la Vector but cheaper); the only thing you don't get are rails but I'm assuming AEG rails will fit? The more I look at it the more it seems like a bargain and unless it performs like an absolute stinker then you're getting an Umarex trademarked, decent quality gas blowback replica of an awesome gun for a mere £60 more than a WE G39.

Everything their MP5 wasn't, basically; though we think it's worth you giving it another try VFC. IIRC those mags can be converted to take 35 rounds quite easily as well or so I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
                            and unless it performs like an absolute stinker
                            Boy am I glad I put that caveat in now...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shivatastic Find out more about Shivatastic
                            Working...
                            X