WE MP5A4 and MP5K!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE MP5A4 and MP5K!!

First pictures and video of the long awaited WE MP5. The performance looks excellent and there's even a two round burst option!

I am ON this!!
    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

When are they available to preorder?

Comment

Re: WE MP5A4 and MP5K!!

Primary: SCAR-H
      Secondary: MP5A4

Ultimate man loadout. A shame the SCAR-H isn't at this stage yet...
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

I'd be checking the local far eastern branch of Zero One within the next few months...

They're about to launch the SMG-8 which looks a bit meh but going by the silver finish they look like pre-production prototypes, there's no bolt stop function on the magazine though the logical step would be to concoct a similar system they devised for the AK (albeit which never worked for me). I'd hazard a guess at saying any time within the next six months, i.e. more time to save!

Is it me though, or is there a bit too much curvature in that long mag?

EDIT: Scratch that, it doz haz bolt ctach.

Comment

MP5A4 hell yes!
          Better start saving :D
          Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

I may die laughing if WE can produce a better MP5 for (say) £300 than VFC could make for double that.

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
            The performance looks excellent and there's even a two round burst option!
            Three-round burst, surely? The performance doesn't look that excellent either - that's pretty severe cooldown exhibited by the Kurz though obviously it's only preproduction.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pedantic View Post
              Three-round burst, surely?
              Cooldown looks acceptable to me, someone's bound to do a recoil buffer for it anyway. It's still a damn sight better than anything VFC makes.

Let's be honest the market isn't exactly burgeoning with decent MP5 GBBs with proper closed bolt mechanisms.

Comment

First pictures and video of the long awaited WE MP5. The performance looks excellent and there's even a two round burst option!

I am ON this!!
                No it doesn't, there's loads of gas venting everywhere and the rate of fire (especially on the A4) is pretty low. Not to say they can't improve that, WE GBBRs usually work pretty well, but they look distinctly sub-par at the moment.

I'd be checking the local far eastern branch of Zero One within the next few months...
                Is it me though, or is there a bit too much curvature in that long mag?
                Yeah I thought that at first glance too, how odd.

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                I may die laughing if WE can produce a better MP5 for (say) £300 than VFC could make for double that.
                I'd say that almost a given. WE's GBBs almost all work perfectly well and are skirmishable out of the box, more than can be said for most of VFC's offerings, particularly their MP5!

I will, however, be waiting for the early adopters to find all the (inevitable) problems before I commit.. plus I want an A3! :D

Comment

hopefully it is 3rd burst....and around the same price as the g36 but the ROF is too slow. oh and it fired single in burst mode the first time hopefully all theese are sorted

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman View Post
                    No it doesn't, there's loads of gas venting everywhere and the rate of fire (especially on the A4) is pretty low. Not to say they can't improve that, WE GBBRs usually work pretty well, but they look distinctly sub-par at the moment.
                    That's common with all GBBRs, just because you see a small puff of propane out of the ejection port doesn't mean it performs poorly. I'm guessing they're using a cold mag for the A4.

The ROF on MP5K mag dump looked consistent to me, consistency is often a GBBR shortfall, even for the likes of the hallowed G5 (which is awesome btw) so if they can get it right with this I'm impressed. Having owned a number of GBBRs including an MP7 I can say that I would be satisfied if that was how it performed mag to mag.

Either way guys, if you want to hang around for a better one to come to market then feel free, especially with a three round burst function. I can't see it happening with the stranglehold Umarex has on the market for H&K guns. I'm surprised WE have made it this far TBH.

Comment

Weird that they can make a good MP5 but not a good MP7 though. What's up with that?
                      Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

I suppose it's the same reason Classic Army and ICS can still make theirs as well as G3s and other derivatives, something to do with Umarex only holding the trademark patents for the modern H&K designs?

Comment

I live in Taiwan, no one has confirmed WE are producing this. Although the videos are on the WE tech HK facebook webpage. Someone posted the videos on the WE facebook page, WE have not confirmed.

But lets hope so. It will go like hot cakes!!!

Comment

The guy from WE Europe posted it on his personal facebook page....

It most definitely is from WE. Sadly, no CO2 mags at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Tariq182 View Post
                              Weird that they can make a good MP5 but not a good MP7 though. What's up with that?
                              Some HK designs are copyright protected by silhouette EG 416, 417 and MP7 . Older designs are not , only the HK trademark is protected .

Not to mention many of the older designs have been sold by H&K (not Umarex) to other realsteel companies or the design patents have run out (MP5 /G3 etc)

In other words Umarex cannot chase people for a design that is not owned anymore by H&K unless it has the H&K trademark on it . However if you make a 417/416 or MP7 they can stop it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Olphy Find out more about Olphy
                              Working...
                              X