Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensed Galil

Who are these companies?

This would now be the second weapon, at least, that's hit the shelves of another (unnamed) airsoft retailer.

At £230, I'd be interested in picking up one of these Galil's.... and at almost 4kg, she must be a bit hefty for its size, when folded!

I've also noticed the licensed M4 too... (Well, SPR).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Re: Licensed Galil

Clue as to retailer Gaffa?
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Found it!! Wonder what the "metal" is like, and internals for that matter. I may email them and see where it comes from.
      Feedback link

Comment

It is from Cybergun.

Comment

CYMA make it cybergun are just the "licensed" rights holder in Europe and pretty snotty about it.

Comment

Fossil is right. I wrote a thread on this subject some time back. Basically Cybergun buy up as many trademark rights as they can. They are not an airsoft manufacturer as such. They farm out to many companies in China and have the trades put on them for the European market. So in this instance looks like they have sub contracted to CYMA for this gun. That is why Cybergun weapons are so very variable in the quality of their products. It depends who is making it for them at the time.
            Feedback link

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
              Fossil is right. I wrote a thread on this subject some time back. Basically Cybergun buy up as many trademark rights as they can. They are not an airsoft manufacturer as such. They farm out to many companies in China and have the trades put on them for the European market. So in this instance looks like they have sub contracted to CYMA for this gun. That is why Cybergun weapons are so very variable in the quality of their products. It depends who is making it for them at the time.

Spot on. CYMA ones are good, but you need to know what Cybergun are re badging.

Just found the Galil though for £200 - don't know what site you were looking at gaffa.

Comment

To be truthful I'm just happy to see a Galil in more players price range, I'd like to see more players weilding one of these babys!

Comment

Been hoping that the cheaper galil's will make it over here, need one to round off my SADF loadout.

Comment

The only problem with the £219 CYMA Galil is that you cannot get the magazines from the UK and they are only high caps, no mids.
                    My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Utorak007

Comment

What is peoples obsessions with liscenced/trademarked guns?

Am I the only airsofter happy with having an un-trademarked gun that costs half the price of a gun of exactly the same quality/performance that happens to have "colt" or "glock" stamped on it? :P

Comment

Wow Tiercel, your in Plymouth too, do you play at Recon?

I think the reason why people are obsessed with it (i'm not) is because they want there weapons to be as close to the real things as possible. The CYMA Galil was my first new gun and it just so happens to be licensed too.

Comment

Originally posted by Utorak View Post
                          Wow Tiercel, your in Plymouth too, do you play at Recon?
                          I do indeed I play at Recon and MIA down in Bude, just looked through your gallery, youre the one with desert cam and a galil(?) right? I saw you there last month, I was the medic in MarPat with about 4 pistols and my kept switching main weapons with my team mates between M4, Berreta RX4 and P90!

I guess I can see the appeal in having a 100% perfect right down to the markings copy of a real steel, but not when the price is so different between a licenced and unlicenced, I mean look at the Masada ACR, once it got liscenced it added about £100 to the price!

Comment

Awesome! :D probably met you, maybe? I always wear desert dpm and well i have pics on my profile - see if you recognise me. lol

Yeah i know, i want the ACR but i won't get it now that it's licensed because of the price, its ridiculous! But what can you do...

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                              I do indeed I play at Recon and MIA down in Bude, just looked through your gallery, youre the one with desert cam and a galil(?) right? I saw you there last month, I was the medic in MarPat with about 4 pistols and my kept switching main weapons with my team mates between M4, Berreta RX4 and P90! !
                              Lol, please forgive me i clearly missed this!

Yeah, i was leading that team, you had the boonie on didnt you? I remember you! You coming to this months game? Gonna be good man, not sure if it will be as busy as last month. BTW i bought myself some Marpat, so gonna enjoi wearing that instead of desert. :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
                              Working...
                              X