Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parcel Force now accepting airsoft guns

How odd indeed.

See I've just returned from the post office, where I handed over a slender long box that weighed four kilograms. The lady behind the desk asked me what was in it.

"It's a low powered air weapon"

Cue much panic that I wanted to post a gun, till I pointed out that low powered air weapons were under the "Guns for Sporting Use" section. At which point they said yup, thats fine, I signed the declaration that it conformed with the required standards and they popped it in the post
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I am sure that has always been the case..........

Comment

I guess i'm lucky as the woman behind the counter at my local Post Office doesnt seem to give a damn about guns in the post. The only time she's even raised an eyebrow was when she asked what was in the box last week and I jokingly told her it was a tactical nuclear weapon. The response was "oh, I can't seem to find that on the list"

Comment

I would assume that could be considered part of the "Explosives" prohibition, as well as "radioactive material" and "weapons"..

Interestingly, airsoft pellets are specifically excluded from the ammunition prohibition.

Comment

That caught my attention as well No1!
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Bump.

In reference to post #13, Webbo122, does anyone have any update to this? Parcelforce's website still lists these guns under their Prohibited Items list.

What this could mean is any guns over the length of 61cm, must be sent in two packages or more...

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I've managed to send them as Low powered Air rifles, for sporting use. You have to send them from a post office, not get them collected. And they have to go on the 48 hour service. Also you cannot add enhanced compensation, they are only insured for the minimum amount (it's £50 or £100 I can't quite remember) if it's lost or damaged

The T&C's are on their website. And also in the little booklet you get.

Please bare in mind that most of the post office workers will tell you outright NO on the spot. So you have to explain, and show them the article which says it's fine to do so as you've already explained. They'll then likely ring Parcelforce to confirm. The Max length of the Parcel is 1.5M

Arms and Ammunition
                Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:
                1. These items must be sent on an express48 service only
                2. These items must be sent via the Post Office® only (not via any other channel e.g.www.parcelforce.com, call-centre, reseller or Parcelforce Worldwide depot).
                3. Enhanced compensation cover is not available (low-powered air rifles, air guns or air pistols and lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles will only be covered up to the maximum amount of inclusive cover for express48).
                Note: Low powered air weapons are defined as air rifles, air guns or air pistols capable of discharging a missile so that the missile has, on being discharged from the muzzle of the weapon, kinetic energy not in excess, in the case of an air pistol, of 6ft lb. or, in the case of an air weapon other than air pistol, of 12 ft. lb. Any air rifle, air gun or air pistol which uses or is designed or adapted for use with, a self-contained gas cartridge system is a prohibited weapon and cannot be sent.

Comment

I understand that buddy, that's a good post I saw you make similar in an another thread, however; quote:-

PROHIBITED GOODS
                  In the event of Parcelforce Worldwide returning an item to the sender due to contravention of customs regulations for Prohibited Goods, the charges will not be refunded and a return charge may apply.
                  Arms and Ammunition
                  All firearms, other than low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), including imitations and antiques; paint-ball or toy guns; taser guns; components of firearms and all other items similar to, or resembling, the foregoing are prohibited. All ammunition other than lead pellets and other air gun and airsoft projectiles are also prohibited.
                  The important section is "all firearms... including imitations... are also prohibited".

It would be fair to say that both IFs and RIFs are imitations hence what the "I" is in these abbreviations. I'll contact PF tonight for further clarification. The reason I ask for this clarification is, yes, it's acceptable to send as low powered air weapons, but in the event that packages are lost or damaged, will PF take responsibility, considering the actual contents of the package are, without any question, imitations?
                  (And none of this "simply don't tell them" nonsense)!

The other thing is this prohibited items section mentions Customs. So perhaps these weapons are acceptable for carriage within the UK. Furthermore, what's their ruling on sending items to the likes of Ireland? I know NI is considered as UK by RM, but is that PF too?

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

If RFD's sell airsoft guns as airguns to circumvent the legislation we have in place which they do. Then why shouldn't we be allowed to label them as low powered airguns for postage reasons. It's all a farce. I've never had a damaged item through PF, so I can't really comment as to wether or not they'll hold up on the compensation side of things.

Comment

Theyve been accepting RIFs for months.

Falls under 'Low powered air weapon'.
                      It requires to be wrapped correctly (they will NOT accept the old black binbag wrapping), it needs obviously the recipients address but also needs the senders address on the package too.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                        (they will NOT accept the old black binbag wrapping)
                        I beg to differ, did it twice last month
                        Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

Well according to them, they won't.
                          They refused a package I sent a short while ago, even said it to me.

So differ away all you want, it's their rules.
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                            Theyve been accepting RIFs for months.

Falls under 'Low powered air weapon'....

So differ away all you want, it's their rules.
                            According to Parcelforce, they don't take them. I'm waiting on clarification but already spoken to their Firearms department. They had started quoting me the bit under their Restricted Items section, until I pointed out that these are classed as imitations as defined by the VCRA, asking therefore if they fall under their Prohibited Items list. The adviser was a bit stumped. So...

They've "gone to have a little chat" and will contact me with a definitive answer.

May be a load of nonsense etc, but as you say it's their rules. I've not had any issues with PF apart from a couple of late deliveries, but that's it, but at the end of the day especially considering our sport is already scrutinised and must adhere to the silly VCRA definitions, I'm somebody who would rather do the "right" thing as opposed to many people who just couldn't care less.

EDIT - I also asked that after getting an answer, if they could pass this onto their Technical Department to update their website for clarification.

Comment

That's strange Gaffa, many of us have dafinitavly been told they fall under 'guns for sporting use' section, low powered air weapons.
                              Its in the documentation.
                              If its your local post office refusing then its them being idiots.
                              I've seen it a few times, so it seems the staff aren't trained correctly.

Comment

Ive used them before just said it was a bb gun... Am i wrong?
                                Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thingy I like guns me Find out more about Thingy
                                Working...
                                X