• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whaaa? Not fair!

Sent from outer space
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Re: Magpul pulling out of airsoft!

This reminds me of work, I work at well known construction toy brick retailer. We get 20 something guys browsing at the new licensed stuff, we make loads of sets from films. I don't want to advertise here. Point is they always say the same thing 'not like in my day, we had only 3 colours to build with' or 'no imagination' What these kids miss, funny thing I am in mid thirties and I don't say this! OK there is a point to this BTW, these customers always miss at the back the shop, old style sets which focus on model building 'just like the old days' I never understood this idea there can be nothing new. A lot of Magpul products, such as the Pmags where great innovations. Lighter, tough as nails and they outlasted my classic army mid-caps. Its nice to have choice. Magpul stuff was made to be quite practical and at an aesthetic view, the furniture looked futuristic . People want change, they get it and winge! Yep, I will miss em'

Comment

I'll miss em too. Especially as I now want a 250rd PMAG 40 midcap :P (If MAG can get 190rds into a normal sized midcap, you could easily get 60 more into the 40rd ones).

Comment

i love the new toy brick sets, theyre awesome. 'specially the star wars ones
          Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

I didn't know Lego competed with Zero One!
            Originally posted by Lt. Macka
            big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

There you go, us kids from the eighties would gave our arms and legs for stuff they have today.

Anyway What is also sad, is a real world arms accessory company took airsoft seriously and made products for us. I suppose the flip side it could of just been
              a way to exploit us though....

Comment

*waits for BAMF to wander along and start asking about whether he can get cars from a "well known american car maker" that sound like a spanish holiday two-toned for free for 20 quid from zero one*

In my opinion Lego went through a dry spot when I was about 14-16, all the kits suddenly were full of space and fancy bricks, with very minimal actual solid construction, however that seems to have changed.

Doesn't stop me selling my first gen star wars lego for four times what I paid for it :D

Comment

I love the magpul stuff but it is well expensive. I have always wanted the mags but have never had a problem with Mag branded 130 round plastic jobbies, of which you can get eight for the price of one Magpul one!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

It is cool that we had/have available RS accessories that can be used, considering the varying levels of commitment to this hobby some people have.

I guess im mid-range committed at this stage, im thoroughly hooked, im proud of the meagre arsenal ive amassed and ive got a couple of Magpul odds and sods but given teh price of some of teh stuff, its can be a dash prohibitive for those of us with budgetary restrictions Thanksfully ive managed to assemble a decent loadout and gear-spec before my disposable money dries up completely

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                    *waits for BAMF to wander along and start asking about whether he can get cars from a "well known american car maker" that sound like a spanish holiday two-toned for free for 20 quid from zero one*

In my opinion Lego went through a dry spot when I was about 14-16, all the kits suddenly were full of space and fancy bricks, with very minimal actual solid construction, however that seems to have changed.

Doesn't stop me selling my first gen star wars lego for four times what I paid for it :D
                    I still adore the pirate lego. Fuckin' AWESOME.

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                      Those were dark days man. Can you still get boxes of Lego consisting of 90% 2x2, 2x3 and 2x4 blocks in red, blue and yellow?

Comment

Yep they still make those, they have a few more colours in them.

Anyways. Better start buying up these Pmags and Emags!

Comment

heh, you know the price on those is going to skyrocket once Magpul bails completely dude

Comment

Am I crazy or is THIS:

Worth more than 3 PMAGs?
                            Last edited by Proto; 25 July, 2013, 12:04.

Comment

is it me or does that orange dealie on the middle left of the pic look like a lego RIS? WANT.

Comment

Element are going to be making a killin

in the future then

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
                                Working...
                                X