Collapse

It looks like APS have been listening to thier customers who brought the UAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks like APS have been listening to thier customers who brought the UAR

I like others have had some issues with the APS UAR so I was pleased to read this on thier website today.

Upgraded Version of UAR after August 2013:

Rear Wires System

New UAR501 is now using rear wires system. A thicker and bigger removable butt pad is now being used. It creates more room at the back, which allow user to put bigger battery like mini type or Li Po battery. No doubt, bigger battery extends the playtime of your gun.

Mid Cap Magazine Compatible

After the first launch of our UAR in the market, we have heard so many comments on mid cap magazine compatibility. As a responsible manufacturer, we listen to customer wants. We changed the design of our guns so that it also takes mid cap magazine. After testing, the new UAR is now compatible with most of the mid caps magazine found in the market.

High Cycle Ready

Customer reported that sometimes the BB doesn’t shoot out continuously in High Cycle mode. Therefore, we modified the air seal nozzle of our new UAR. After testing, the gun is now working perfectly under 11.1v Li Po Battery.

Re: It looks like APS have been listening to thier customers who brought the UAR

Needs a long front end so I can 'convert' it into the DMR from Aliens:Colonial Marines
    Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint....

Comment

Re: It looks like APS have been listening to thier customers who brought the UAR

on the one hand, it's nice that a company are listening to feedback, and improving the design. I can think of several companies (not allways airsoft related) who'll happily continue churning out the same rubbish without ever making changes.

On the other hand, some of this, like the magazine issues, strike me as something that should have been addressed before it got anywhere near the shelves.
      Not actually a builder
      Not actually called Bob.

Comment

now will they be upgrading broken ones? as mins still sitting here, only got one game out of it
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

They make a longer version it's called the UPR Urban Precision Rifle. Or you could just use and M4 barrel or extention.
          Ideally they should have fixed it before release but better late than never lol

- - - Updated - - -

Johnny iv just emailed them to demand politely that they send me the new nozzle foc. We will wait and see.

Comment

This is quite interesting news. I have always wanted to get one but have always been put off by many bad stories. The midcap compatibility is great news

TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock/TM G18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by sigee View Post
              Ideally they should have fixed it before release but better late than never
              QF-friggin'-T. 'Better late than never' doesn't sound very good until you've bought a product that was never improved.

Comment

the fact that they are adressing issues, albeit small ones, but i think the gearbox stripping is a nozzle & feed issue.
                sigee, if you get one, even a price (whats $5 at the end of the day) let us know please as i really like the thing, just waiting for a V3 GB to come up for sale tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                  the fact that they are adressing issues, albeit small ones, but i think the gearbox stripping is a nozzle & feed issue.
                  sigee, if you get one, even a price (whats $5 at the end of the day) let us know please as i really like the thing, just waiting for a V3 GB to come up for sale tbh.
                  I will come back to this thread with what ever news I get. I agree that the air nozzle issue could definately cause a stripped piston.
                  Btw you can get gearboxes and other parts direct from aps and their distributors. Sorry I cant name them but think of a colour and some thing like a dog lol

Comment

Well i wouldnt buy another APS one as they're about $140! Id buy a cyma one or something.

Comment

I started a ticket with the site I purchased the uar from and they asked me to return it.
                      Here is a copy of my reply.......

Hi
                      I doubt you would want the gun back now after the 4 hours Iv just spent on it.
                      I would however be grateful if you could forward my complaint on to APS.
                      Oh and tell them they owe me a proper nozzle and a new piston.

having stripped the gearbox down I found loads of issues with it.
                      The jamming had caused the piston to strip so badly that I am amazed it still fired.
                      The holes in the bushings are over sized allowing the axles of the gears to wobble.
                      APS seem to think that sticking one shim on the end of each axle is shimming.
                      There was a huge amount of play in all the gears and the shims were more like micro washers,they are way to small.
                      The incredibly soft O ring thingy in the cylinder head had detached and was slowly being chewed up and spat down the air nozzle.
                      The O ring on the piston was so small that there was no air seal at all.
                      The sector chip was rough and metal and had already started to wear on the tappet plate
                      There was a black mixture of grease and chewed up rubber everywhere.

Iv fitted some quality bearings,new sector chip,shimmed it to perfection (yes I do know how to),added a new piston and cylinder head from my spares box.
                      I still have the jamming issue as that is caused by the slightly short air nozzle.
                      Now in semi the gun has increased its fps by nearly 50 fps and the consistency is much improved.

Now I just have to order a weaker spring and wait to get hold of a working nozzle and I will have a good aeg.
                      I know it was cheap but APS are not going to lose their rep for selling crap with this gun.

I would be grateful if you could pass my email on to APS and ask them to contact me.

Thanks
                      Simon Gee

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                        Iv got a new improved nozzle on its way although I did have to pay $4 for it including postage.
                        Contact them direct by email ([email protected]).
                        They are very quick to reply.
                        They also have the new but pads on the way for next month for about $20 inc p+p and something that allows the use of mid caps for around $15 inc p+p

I hope all this has helped......Si

Comment

awesome thanks mate! and ive already cut the body to allow midcaps (cut like 2mm of plastic out :/) and i had also discussed with other owners on Arnies about putting a battery in the stock, anything to not use bloody sticks.

Comment

No Problem mate.
                            Iv just had mine apart and measured the air nozzle and mines 20.83mm.
                            Im off to find one around 21.5mm-22.00mm to see if I can sort out the bb jams in time for the weekend.
                            Could you pm me a link to the thread on arnies.I cant find it,thanks.

Si

Comment

BTW I have just ordered the last of my upgrades and by the weekend the only original parts will be the trigger switch and the gearbox shell

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sigee Find out more about sigee
                              Working...
                              X