X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G M.A.R.S gearbox

So i cam across this video from G&G
    http://youtu.be/ROsEQqajnQA

It is in french and my language skills are appalling, however from what I can ascertain, it is:
    A version 2 Gearbox, with a reinforced front that rests against the body of an M4
    It has a quick change motor, the pistol grip is slid on and held on by the trigger guard.
    No recoil engine (good!)
    quick change spring
    quick change maybe programmable mosfet
    and.....apparently No tappet plate?

thoughts? theories on how it works? Translation?
    -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
    -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Re: G&G M.A.R.S gearbox

The no tappet plate will work the same as it does on a systema - the nozzle is gripped by a recess in the piston head and pulled to the rear as the piston is drawn back.

Personally I'm not sold on a design that aligns the motor to the gearbox using the trigger guard - the potential for that to be out of line is significant.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

from what detail I can see on the video, their appears to be a catch on the rear of the grip as well as being held on by the trigger guard and a set of flanged guiderails to hold the motor mejiggy in the right place.
      -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
      -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

It also looks very similar to whats in the up and coming Vintorez.
        Im quite interested to see how this works out.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

It looks very interesting but my french is terrible.
          Has anyone found any english info ?.

Comment

I like seeing designs that push the boundaries of what we have. How reliable it is time will tell.
            "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
            Life in the fast lane........
            sigpic

Comment

its been about for a while, it was shown at SHOT 2013. theres plenty of videos from around there on the system. its basically a load of interchangeable parts so you put in the bits you want.
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                its been about for a while, it was shown at SHOT 2013. theres plenty of videos from around there on the system. its basically a load of interchangeable parts so you put in the bits you want.
                I don't think the one you were referring to is the same. That one had a functional charging handle and bolt release that was wired into the board electronically preventing the gun from shooting without cocking or releasing the bolt catch. It was also a split gearbox design.

This appears to be their 'halfway house' that sits between a normal gearbox and the fully featured model they have shown previously.

Comment

I have waiting for more info on this gearbox for a while, after I saw it on YouTube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-tmPMPHh_4

However, nothing has yet been announced, so I won't hold me breath, good idea though always to have the quick spring change availability amongst other things. If I'm not talking about the same gearbox then sorry guys.......it's my age.

Still waiting on the G&G Garand rifle as well...........

Comment

Its not the same gearbox Taff. You are referring to the G&G 'G-Box' which is their new high end model, this 'M.A.R.S.' jobbie appears to be lower down the range, but sharing some of the new technology.

Exciting stuff anyway, nice to see some real development in 'conventional' (I.e. not PTW) gearbox technology.

Comment

Possibly an evolution of the concept?
                      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Impressive stuff indeed. I would say one of the worst parts of building and testing a V2 gearbox is having to take off and put back on the motor and grip just to test something. Those fiddly screws, grip wires and motor tabs, nothing worse than busting a motor tab and having to then break out the solder iron!

Comment

I'd contest the "quick-change spring" claim hahahahaha... takedown looked awfully long-winded for a "quick" process.

Jokes aside, I hope this is something they're planning on putting into the Combat Machine range.

Comment

Originally posted by cpldave View Post
                            Jokes aside, I hope this is something they're planning on putting into the Combat Machine range.
                            Interesting you should mention that on the M.A.R.S. page of the G&G PDF newsletter, they wrote this:

G&G has developed not only the new gearbox system, but also new material for the receivers. The nylon fiber
                            receivers on the G&G Combat Machine have always been very well known as the most durable and valuable
                            plastic receivers in the Airsoft industry. G&G's nylon fiber receivers are strong enough to handle the strong recoil
                            from the gas blow back system; a fact that pushed G&G to be the first Airsoft manufacturer to release a GBB rifle
                            with a nylon fiber receiver. G&G never stops searching for perfection, and this time, we have finally found an
                            alternative material that is even stronger than the original nylon fiber material
                            Interesting stuff.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

the_monkey Find out more about the_monkey
                            Working...
                            X