• Show
Clear All

• m4 recoil system

check out this link http://www.modify.com.tw/news_e.htm

best m4 upgrade i have seen in ages.

whare can you buy it in the uk:D

Re: m4 recoil system

I need one...

Putting money to one side and trawling the web as we speak!

Steve
    My Armory:
    ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

might be a dumb thing to ask but dos this give any m4 a recoil shock feel or is it an upgrade for those that already have it?

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Comment

Oh now that's something i'm interested in

Comment

Originally posted by MJ Caboose2170 View Post
          might be a dumb thing to ask but dos this give any m4 a recoil shock feel or is it an upgrade for those that already have it?
          From looking at it, I think it may be for any... although it also looks like a certian geabox shell may be needed too.

Steve
          My Armory:
          ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

I have one guys, its good but a bit of a gimic

I have mine installed on a complete modify setup (gearbox shell, gears ect..)

Comment

whare can you buy it in the uk would be good please.

Comment

Originally posted by rossy02 View Post
                I have one guys, its good but a bit of a gimic

I have mine installed on a complete modify setup (gearbox shell, gears ect..)
                Still, I wouldn't mind one

Where did you manage to grab yours from may I ask? Quite interested in it.

Cheers, Steve
                My Armory:
                ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

so to put this on any m4 you would need to modify the gearbox?

Comment

i like the idea, tech and workmanships good, and i like innovation. But it seems like a lot of work when you could just buy a next gen aeg from tm with recoil already probably for less.

Comment

My wonder is if it will put unnecessary stress on the gearbox. I also wonder if it will work on certain GB designs, such as ICS.

Comment

it will slow rof but i think the tm ones have proven the system can work for years with out breaking anything.

Comment

My mate got it from HK or something like that ? I agree that In the longterm there would be more stress on the gearbox. I also agree that a new TM would be the way to go !

I dont think you do need the Modify gearbox
                          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 19 March, 2010, 15:17. Reason: retailer

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                            it will slow rof but i think the tm ones have proven the system can work for years with out breaking anything.
                            True, but the TM models like the SOPMOD were designed with the recoil system to begin with.
                            Other gun models with a blowback system (Army L85) tended to get damaged gearboxes.
                            Other guns modified to have a discernible blowback (TM M1 Thompson) would also get damaged gearboxes as it wasn't designed to have blowback.

I'll wait and see till we know more, and If it's reliable enough, I'd happily install it.

Comment

The L85 blowback does the most damage because the cocking handle can get caught in your cloths or webbing. An M4 would not have this problem.
                              "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

scadgybadger ...Obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken. Find out more about scadgybadger
                              Working...
                              X