X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Real but not lethal" - US News

http://www.timesleader.com/news/Real...3-16-2010.html

The above link says it all really.

Just thought I'd post that; quite positive really!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Re: "Real but not lethal" - US News

I wouldnt say they are praising it, but at least they aren't saying kids on the streets running around holding banks up with airsoft guns.

Comment

sounds quite good to me,
      its got to be better then any negative
      crap from the papers.
      look at poor zulu1.

Comment

I wish the Daily Wail would report on airsoft, would love to hear their take on it.

Comment

Id rather they didnt thanks! I kinda like this sport/hobby/game/whatever. And i dont want the daily mail making fascist,demonising comments thankyou very much!! :p
          sigpic

Comment

^ +1

No thanks. There'd be a witch-hunt of biblical proportions.

Comment

All i can imagine them saying is

Daily mail 1/1/01 20p
              "AIRSOFT! CONDEMNING VIOLENCE! AND GANG..ISM AND SOMEHOW POSES A THREAT TO LABOUR!"

Comment

well airsoft has alot a negatived dew to assholes gettin a bb gun form the seaside and holdin some one up and people think bb gun airsoft it needs some good publisaty like this

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                  All i can imagine them saying is

Daily mail 1/1/01 20p
                  "AIRSOFT! CONDEMNING VIOLENCE! AND GANG..ISM AND SOMEHOW POSES A THREAT TO LABOUR!"
                  ^Teehee

It is a shame that airsoft has such a low/poor profile in this country. If we could get it in the media in a positive light it would do the sport (or at least the hobby) no end of good.

Oh and the mail is 50p :P

Comment

ok, i see a split opinion here - and as i'm at work with little to do, and feel like something akin to trolling (but not really), let me ask.

Do you think the survival of airsoft needs positive publicity, or no publicity at all?

some of us think that we need some good exposure to our sport, and have thought about inviting tv presenters to come and try. a good and honest story in the papers might be good, and open cooperation with our local constabularies would show us to be responsible. we will get more players and customers, relaxed laws but tighter supervision.

but others think that all publicity is bad publicity. many people in the public will never fully understand what we are about, and will fear us all the more. newspapers will never offer a fair argument and we will always end up looking bad. if everyone is aware of airsoft, the next toy gun post office robbery will immediately be blamed on us. airsoft should be kept low key and semi-secret.

what's your view?

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
                    Working...
                    X