• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contour is back!

Looks like Countour ia back!

http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/contour-...ion-cams-soon/
    Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Re: Contour is back!

It was far toooo good a product to let go.
    Good to see it's 'comeback'.
    sigpic
    "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Thank god, still need to get one.

Comment

Contour Roam 2.
        Got it on here second hand.
        You won't go wrong.
        Especially for helmet and rifle mounting.
        sigpic
        "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Used my contour on my rifle, my helmet and sweat band when running. Great camera for the money, no not as good as a go pro 3 blah blah. But out the box water and shock proof and you don't look like a telly tubby when wearing it either.
          "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
          Life in the fast lane........
          sigpic

Comment

fraction of the price, not far off the performance.
            and contuors turn over was less than GoPros Marketing, they fundamentally spent them off the market. so they had to think contour were a legitimate threat.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I've always thought that the design of the Contour was far more practical than that of the GoPro and could never understand why they closed down to start with. Good to hear they're back

Comment

The Roams look so much sleeker when mounted to a rifle or a helmet, the Go Pros (at least, IMO in airsoft) just look odd and out of place. The shiny silver body and bulky case doesn't help them. Obviously, for some things, thats exactly what you want and you can't fault their results.

Now Contour are back, seriously considering picking up a Roam! The fact they went out of business put me off a while back....or do we wait a while and see wheat new models they come out with?
                sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

I second this. GoPro is overall a better product, but for my needs (airsofting, mountain biking etc) the Contour design wins in my opinion.

Faff-free.

Comment

Had a Contour Roam, then got a GoPro 3 Black edition and have now gone back to Contour (Roam 2 and HD). Whilst the picture quality on the GoPro was outstanding, the battery life was rubbish (I had four batteries), and realistically checking to see if it was on resulted in lots of my friends having close ups with quizzical looks...having Wifi for the remote of connecting to your iPhone just drained the battery faster. The Contour are nice and easy, just slide it forward and you're golden. I'd rather have slightly lower picture quality than miss the shots all together just cos the battery's died or you're not sure it's on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dj2l8b I have been airsofting over `15 years. I have seen the hobby progress from what it was then to now. I am part of a Milsim group called Black Emerald Group. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blackemeraldtactical/ Youtube Channel: Black Emerald Group (NOT TACTICAL) I also have my own Dj Business, which we can cater for all types of events, Birthdays, Weddings, Parties. We also sometimes do events in Swansea and help local companies and businesses grow. I you like to know more https://www.facebook.com/B2BENTERTAINMENTHIRE Find out more about dj2l8b
                    Working...
                    X