Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WE Europe to announce GBB L1a1 SLR

Originally posted by Coski View Post
    I'd say the L1A1 is much less common than the F2000!
    I'd agree but air soft wise I'm only aware of one airsoft F2000 variant

Comment

There's two as far as I'm aware. JLS and G&G.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanNo2 View Post
        There's two as far as I'm aware. JLS and G&G.
        Possibly 4 ?, JLS, is that aka JG, cos jg def made one, plus there's 2 variants of the g&g, I have the fn2010 hunter.

Comment

I don't think JG made one, just JLS and G&G to my knowledge.

Comment

Pretty sure they did, knew someone who had one, quite a few years ago, to be fair it was shite so they prob stopped making it shortly afterwards.

Comment

I don't remember JG making one either. Only the JLS and G&G I know of!

Comment

Maybe he (my mate) got it wrong on the brand, lol, was still crap though, was the jls one rubbish ?, as his def wasn't g&g.

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                  Can't help but think that manufacturers could do with perfecting the gbb systems before they start pushing out more full auto capable models such as tavors & augs, both of which I've owned in AEG format.
                  Until then, get the single shot variants out that will hopefully be more reliable, such as the l1a1.
                  What do you mean perfecting gbb systems? Sadly it's the nature of the beast (this particular beast being thermodynamics) that cooldown will always occur even with big guns with big heavy bolts, because the gas has to do more work, and there is only so much capacity in a magazine.

However, some guns do it better than others. For example, I get over 150 shots from one fill of gas on my MP9 now I've fitted an upgraded nozzle, and the gun happily noms a whole magazine of BBs on full auto without beginning to slow down. My mate's G&P WOC M4 does similarly, chewing it's way through 40 rounds with some cooldown, but not much. Yes, you will get minor improvements but the best way to negate cooldown is to make your bolt out of the lightest metal possible and design it in such a way that it won't stop working under long use, as opposed to making them out of easy to cast pot metal that deforms after a couple of hundred shots and weighs a proverbial tonne.

A gas L1 would be awesome, as would a gas Scar H. In fact, all the gas guns are just more awesome than their electric counterparts
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

You obviously know loads about this subject, whereas I know feck all lol, my observation was based on all the treads I've previously read when players state the (expensive) mods they've had to do to make their gbb's barely skirmishable, this on top of what is already an expensive piece of kit.
                    Surely if players like yourself know what's needed to improve on the stock settings, then its about time the manufacturers started incorporating them as standard.
                    & yep, there's a big aftermarket industry in place that could suffer, but I think its more relevant that buyers get something that's fit for purpose, whatever the product is.
                    I'm keen to buy something gbb, but I'll only consider something single shot because of cool down etc, & be selective with my shots, having to play tactically would prob make for a better game anyway compared to the usual AEG hosefest.

Comment

It's not exactly a hose fest with GBBRs anyway, because you only have 20-40 rounds a mag!

Comment

the most reliable and consistent gas gun would need to be one where the propellant doesnt have to change state (like propane/butane etc has to). in hoping HPA will continue to develop and refine itself.
                        -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                        -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                          Hephaestus are making a TAR21 GBB which is a good step towards someone making an AUG or F2000 etc.
                          Hearing that has just made my year.

Do you know what internals it will be running, proprietary or GHK based?
                          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by Olphy View Post
                            Hearing that has just made my year.

Do you know what internals it will be running, proprietary or GHK based?
                            Most likely GHK but nothing solid yet to my knowledge. Here's all they've released about it:

Comment

I've just found my next airsoft purchase.
                              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

A well known Retailer ( who can not be named ) has stated the GBB L1a1 SLR will be ON SALE FOR XMAS 2015 !! He has seen the prototype ( based on the WE GBB SCAR H workings )

I know what's on the top of my Christmas list
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

moving shadow Started Airsoft as a Skirmisher in 2009 and 2010 set up / Founded & Organiser of- Telford & Wrekin Airsoft Team, featured in Airsoft International and Airsoft Action magazines. Find out more about moving shadow
                                Working...
                                X