This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Propane Ban...

Was just saying that's the only real safety concern. But tbh, give the concentrations even filling up mags and leaky mags release into the air, its well below the limit of dangerous flammability, ud practically have to burst the gas over an ignition source to get it to light. The scent is added to green gas for this reason, but tbh i thought it was added to standard propane tanks as well (can't remember if this is the case or not) for the same reason (leaky containers or devices).

If I'm brutally honest, i don't see the point in a ban, the gases pose the same risk and pretty much have the same properties. I guess i was just trying to clarify the "safety" reason of it but ur right it still makes no sense.
    "What are you doing?"
    "Helping!!!"
    "You've got a screw driver!!!!"

Profile Picture courtesy of Ambush Adventures Photographer Jacqui Williams

Comment

If it was over flammability, green gas would be banned also.

It doesn't affect me because I don't use it propane, but i'm just curious.
      Last edited by HunterAndy; 30 April, 2010, 17:08.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

On the CO2 issue, last weekend we were told that CO2 pistols are not allowed, but there was no mention made of CO2 rifles. I would presume that as long as they are under the fps limits, there should be no issues with them.
        sigpic

Comment

Anyone know why we cant have co2 pistols?

I have one and had no idea they are banned at GZ.

Mark
          sigpic

Comment

Due to the stupidly high FPS they give out that you cant adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by Digger View Post
              Anyone know why we cant have co2 pistols?

I have one and had no idea they are banned at GZ.

Mark
              Give you a clue, mine was running at 500fps:eek:
              sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know how many mags you can carry with a 425fps Semi-Auto AEG? At FFZ i can only carry two, though as many BB's as i want (and refill at will).

And whats the minimum engagement distance? Take it i have to carry a sidearm? The website doesnt stipulate.
                AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Mine certainly isnt doing anything near that fps ( must be knackered ).

Mark
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok guys just a quick one just spoke to my MUM!!! who works with Gas... Esso and like most have said Green and Propane are much the same just oil content and propane has the smell for use when camping and as such and gives off a nice smell like Farts!!! which is good when cooking your bangers on your little stove so if it leaks you can smell it and wont get blown up whilst buttering your bread.

But i think as most of you have said it is cost no other reason
                    just my 2 pence worth.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ThatblokewiththeScar. I am 43 Married with one Son. I dislike people who are Unfair. I will always help if I can. Find out more about ThatblokewiththeScar.
                    Working...
                    X