SRC CO2 non blowback?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC CO2 non blowback?!

I was just looking through the SRC catalogue, drooling over the GBB hk416s, when i noticed something about its M4 system, its CO2, but not blowback?! howcan this be?! what is the POINT?!

anyone have any more info on this? o:
    Originally posted by sparrowhawk
    Mas...sorry mate,i know you are young, but is English your first language?

Originally posted by jfox61
    Erm.. wrong website for this sort of thing.

Re: SRC CO2 non blowback?!

pehaps better gas use and less parts breaking..?
    back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

yeah but the whole POINT of gas is the blowback, without it what is the advantages of it over battery?

Comment

Higher FPS (for target shooting) less can go wrong (i.e no gearbox ect), although it still can, depending on play style many people prefer it. also some people, those that dislike immersing themselves in the milsim experience. may not want the blowback feature as it interrupts aim, however slightly. if you look you'll notice ALOT of people have disabled the EBB and GBB features on their guns simply because of the aiming issue. although the recoil puts you off-target by millimeters at best, its still a margin if aiming for a ranged target.

Comment

mmmm i suppose, but still, a AEG will shoot harder than a gas rifle most of the time cause its not temperature dependant, awh shucks i just think its silly :p besides i was gettin all excited cause i was thinking i could FINALLY build myself an SPR gbbr.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnglishman View Post
            mmmm i suppose, but still, a AEG will shoot harder than a gas rifle most of the time cause its not temperature dependant, awh shucks i just think its silly :p besides i was gettin all excited cause i was thinking i could FINALLY build myself an SPR gbbr.
            Don't count on it.

I left my CO2 pistol in the snow for half an hour and then still got just under 500fps from it.

My GBBR was pretty much bang-on 350fps on ultra in February.
            sigpic

Comment

How can they be automatic then, if there is no bolt to re-cock the hammer? Wouldnt it only be semi with a long double-action pull??

Comment

The non-blowback SRC M4 series have been around for a while and never really got a lot of attention. They are now moving into the GBB arena (or so I've heard), which would probably mean that they'll drop the NBB stuff shortly after. Personally I'm looking forward to a good GBB MP5 platform.

Comment

mmm yeah the new GBB mp5s will be amaazing :D personally i am a bit of an AK fetishist :p so the GBB AK makes me DROOL. although, i dont know why they dont make an AK47 :s may start a new thread on that! :p

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                    How can they be automatic then, if there is no bolt to re-cock the hammer? Wouldnt it only be semi with a long double-action pull??
                    It would work like a real gun.

NBB has lots of advantages.

Massive improvements in gas efficiency, low noise, less things to break and will no doubt be far cheaper to make, so cheaper to buy.
                    SAVE OUR SPORT
                    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

And there's semi-blow-back, where the mechanism moves just enough to pick up the BB but not as much as a real gun would. That's what G&G did with the Xtreme 45 and they are an awesome bit of kit.

Less blow-back equals faster rate of fire, better gas consumption and less wear and tear.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnglishman View Post
                        a AEG will shoot harder than a gas rifle most of the time cause its not temperature dependant,

You have to remeber the UK is a very small airsoft market compared to the US and Aisa where overall its warmer.
                        Trader Feed back: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33754

08 Systema PTW
                        KSC USP compact
                        G&P M4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheEnglishman Find out more about TheEnglishman
                        Working...
                        X