• Show
Clear All

Re: Tokyo Marui AA12 - Not Joking.

Originally posted by StargateP90 View Post
    Sewing machine sounding AEGs are that much better? haha
    Single shots ftw

Comment

It has been a while since something has wet my appetite for a new weapon, but this has my credit card and overdraft itching. This also looks like it could be a whole lot of fun. Plus the gearbox design has serious potential, a USAS 12, Saiga 12 or even a XM-26 LSS.

@Blackheart, this has GOT to be your next toy.

Comment

Not a chance of fitting that mechbox into a Saiga 12 or an XM-26 - WAY too large to fit into either of 'em.

Comment

Pitty it's an AEG :/
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah that mechbox looks huge, the AA12 is a large gun and this takes up nearly all the internal space.

Comment

As far as I've been able to work out (and I am ridiculously excited as a result), the gears/piston rack runs at the back of the gearbox and is connected to three piston heads running in seperate cylinders. It's a very neat system, and given that the recoil system works on a reciprocating mass I'd say a piston assembly that massive definitely fits the "reciprocating mass" criteria.

Translation of the text beneath suggests the following things:
              1) The drum mag will hold 3000 rounds and cost approximately 55-60 quid in japan
              2) The left and right barrels are set up with a slightly diagonal hop, meaning your shots spread apart as they head down range
              3) muzzle velocity will be 75m/s

Just when I said I wouldn't be getting another aeg... THIS HAPPENS :D
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

@ Heinz, I didn't necessarily mean THAT gearbox. More along the lines the the design Itself has potential; and that it could be adapted upon for future weapons.

Comment

This is probably going to require a rethink of rules at semi-auto only cqb sites because semi auto fired somewhat fast with tri-shot is the same effective ROF as full auto with an AEG.

Springer shotguns are already super effective in cqb because of their effective rate of fire even with the need to pump.

Comment

Some footage of it firing
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Pz0zLkpcs&t=6m07s
                    The PR vid shows it in greater detail @ 11 minutes.

Comment

If this was gas I'd have probably involuntarily voided the contents of my testicles, but alas it's electric.

Can see guys with these being popular at CQB sites...
                      - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Yep.

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Comment

I know its an AEG but i will still buy it and run around the woods with it!

Comment

I'm glad its electric, gas is great fun but still unreliable.
                            HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Bullshit. You just do not know how to take care of one.

I own one AEG because it was my first airsoft, old as hell and well tuned. Havnt used it in 2 years....

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Comment

Bullshit. You dont have a clue what I do or do not know.
                                HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apurturesci Male Find out more about Apurturesci
                                Working...
                                X