Next big airsoft gun shipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next big airsoft gun shipment?

Well I've got a good couple of hundred quid burning a hole in my pocket right now, ready and waiting to buy my first higher-end airsoft gun, but I know that if I buy something right now all the major retailers are going to have racks of new guns when the next big shipment hits and I'm going to immediately regret not waiting. As far as I'm aware, the majority of UK retailers simply divide up a single huge shipment between them, so when one store gets a load of new guns, all the other stores do as well.

The question is, when we can next expect to see a bunch of spangly new guns arrive at our retailers? ZeroOne or otherwise.

This kind of came about after reading about some of the sheer awesome Classic Army are planning to and have released for their 2010 range, but there's also the matter of clone manufacturers restarting in HK too, so when will we start to see the first shipments of such goods? Are such shipments regular? If so how regular?

Re: Next big airsoft gun shipment?

1) Chinese/ clone manufacturers are not moving to HK. There was some speculation about this a while ago, rumours went round, so I went out about trying to find the answer. Short and sweet - they're not going to HK....

I've got a question for you really - does it really matter about "when are they getting a new shipment?" I've found that an awful lot of the time, there's no variation in the quality of guns etc that depend on the time you order. Sure, there's generation 1 guns, generation 2 guns etc; but before you place an order, would it not be best to phone the retailer and politely ask "is this the latest model of G36 from this manufacturer" for example.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I know a certain retailer is bringing in a new batch of VFC HK416....

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
        I've got a question for you really - does it really matter about "when are they getting a new shipment?"
        Well if new guns and new models are arriving at these shores for the first time and stores are getting new stocks of guns that have been out of stock for ages, then I reckon it matters. New versions of models coming out tend to push down prices of older variants too,such as CA's blowback AEGs.

I've seen it happen several times this past year where a shipment arrives and all UK websites update their stores with new stock. I just want to know if there is any regularity to it. If there isn't a regular monthly shipment (for example) then fair enough, but if there is then I'll know if it's worth waiting for the next one or whether I should just buy a new gun now.

If I was after a particular gun, then yes I could phone up and ask and even special-order, but if I'm just shopping around looking for something to catch my eye then not so much.
        Last edited by Ginger Chris; 9 May, 2010, 20:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          I know a certain retailer is bringing in a new batch of VFC HK416....

2 weeks. I know their Magpul shipment is in then too. Alledgedly a new Marui shipment next month too, with the new coloured FN5-7 + Tactical Lamp boxes. Maruzen P99's too.
          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Chris View Post
            . I just want to know if there is any regularity to it.
            short answer - yes. it will be sort of regular.

slightly longer answer - with shipping the delivery time is VERY loose. i've arrived in port 1 month after our ETA, but of no fault of our own. it all depends which ports the ship is goin too on the way to the uk. (and which route, company etc). but they do have a schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
              2 weeks. I know their Magpul shipment is in then too. Alledgedly a new Marui shipment next month too, with the new coloured FN5-7 + Tactical Lamp boxes. Maruzen P99's too.
              So from this we at least know that some companies sort their own imports.

Originally posted by kipper66 View Post
              short answer - yes. it will be sort of regular.

slightly longer answer - with shipping the delivery time is VERY loose. i've arrived in port 1 month after our ETA, but of no fault of our own. it all depends which ports the ship is goin too on the way to the uk. (and which route, company etc). but they do have a schedule.
              And this somewhat confirms that mass-shipping every couple of months or so is actually what happens. The question now is when was the last major shipment so we can guess as to when the next one is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Chris View Post
                So from this we at least know that some companies sort their own imports.
                As far as im aware yes they do. Ill ask Nick tonight if i get the chance. I know that they have direct dealings with the companies on quite a personal level. The head of ICS was there last month. We missed him by a few hours when i took my M4 in for some work. My mates gutted, as hes a complete ICS whore.
                AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ginger Chris Find out more about Ginger Chris
                Working...
                X