The Tokyo Marui M4 GBB has finally released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Tokyo Marui M4 GBB has finally released

So we had a play with one today. 315 fps on 144a and 340-50 on green.

The reciever is frankly, bloody lovely. The gun is rock solid. Rail is clean.

Now it doesn't kick as hard as other GBBS for sure. And it's not as loud either.

Obviously time will tell. But they were £400 ish from the shop that had em. So pricey against the WE and GHK. It'll be a case of time will tell for sure. But the action is real smooth. Everything fits together perfectly.

Was flinging .2s at an A4 sheet size metal door at 40m happily without much hop at all. Will be trying .25s and .28s when the guy is along again.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

That doesn't sound so bad...

Comment

Sounds like a reliable option instead of "THE MOST REALISTIC" or "THE HARDEST KICKING".

Classic TM.

Comment

Received mine yesterday but haven`t tested it thoroughly yet but initially have noticed it firing considerably higher than expected and that others have been noting. Chronoing indoors with 0.2`s I am getting 360-370 fps with abbey ultra jumping up to 1.5j when using 0.28`s.

Performance is very good with abbey ultra but not so much with 144a as although it is chronoing around 1j with 144a, even indoors it is very sluggish and half way through the mag the fps starts to drop rapidly and then it starts to fire one shot then the blowback is not strong enough to load the next shoot and it will repeat that every two shots until the gas runs out with a few bbs left in the mag.

Testing on hpa it needs the psi lowered to around 40 psi to get it firing 0.28`s at 1j but the psi is not high enough to cycle the gun properly, I am sure there will be many aftermarket options so perhaps a restricted or adjustable nozzle which restricts the air flow to allow higher powered gas to be used for cycling without rising the fps as much as the orginal nozzle or a wider bore barrel would be useful. I could do similar to the ghk adjustable nozzles and fit a grubscrew which screws into the nozzle but until spares are available I wouldn`t be to keen to modify it. It may not be as much of an issue for those who aren`t restricted to 1j but I was hoping to not need to lower the power on a tm gun.

Comment

How are you finding the recoil? Also can you tell f it will accept furniture from other manufacturers, specifically WE. One last thing is there much mag wobble? Cheers
            HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

I really really really want one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                How are you finding the recoil? Also can you tell f it will accept furniture from other manufacturers, specifically WE. One last thing is there much mag wobble? Cheers
                Not that much recoil tbh, ghk defiantly has more kick but to be fair that is comparing the ghk on guarder black gas and the tm on abbey ultra, not sure on the furniture. The mags were very stiff the first few times inserted and fit very tightly with a little wobble when fully inserted. The stock is pretty loose though.

Main point is that I could take it straight out of the box and without any problems gas the mags with abbey ultra and fire every shot from 5 mags loaded with G&G 0.28s straight out to 50m with a nice straight line of bbs curling abit to one side but that was due to the strong wind, not the gun. Something I have not been able to do with any other gbbr I have had as even my ghk m4 and ak needed the mags filed a lot before working and the m4 still has an issue with the mag leaking when inserted unless you pre cock the gun before inserting the mag.

Comment

Thanks for the first hand experiences!

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                    It doesn't kick as hard as most any other gbb m4. No mag wobble with the two mags this one had. (Well a tiny bit, but I mean tiny)

Just asking the guy Re: buffer tube fit, as he's swapped to a different stock.

Comment

He used it on his WE GBBR before and is solid on the TM, so the buffer is Milspec?

Comment

Out of interest, is the bolt metal, or plastic? In my opinion so many manufacturers are missing a trick with a heavy, metal filled, plastic bolt. All the weight and realism, hardly any cool down?

Comment

Unfortunately the problem with cooldown is that its not actually caused by the bolt, its mostly down to where the gas is stored which is usually the mag. The colder the temperature, the slower the expansion happens, the expansion is already mostly done by the time it's left the mag, changing the bolt to plastic isn't likely to do anything to help, its just going to weaken the bolt because if you're making it the same weight as it was before then you're still trying to push the same amount of materials back which requires the same amount of force. Not to say it wouldn't help at all, the metal in the bolt stays colder for longer so it clearly exacerbates the problem but it's like patching an air leak in a punctured tire with a missing valve. You're also pushing all that extra weight onto a plastic bolt which isn't going to last long, pot metal bolt carriers are weak enough as is.

The problem with gas in mag solutions is that theres a small amount of gas in the mag at any one time, the smaller the body of gas is the more easily it's affected by its environment, which in this case would be a chilly magazine. There's not really a way around it unless you switch propellants, or make the system much much much more efficient than it currently is, either one I'm not an expert on and don't know if it would properly work.

Sorry about the basic explanation, physics sucks and I dont wanna go into details on a forum post but take it from me when I say a plastic bolt wouldn't fix the problems GBBRs have

Comment

GHK use a unique and very efficient two chamber gas reservior on all their guns, works very well and manages cooldown excellently. Just a shame the o-rings are junk and piss gas everywhere before modding.
                            - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                              so the buffer is Milspec?

Nope, Commercial spec according to rouge puppy video.
                              Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

Hence the '?'. I don't do crane stocks so can't say anything other than the same as WE ones

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ab1992 Find out more about ab1992
                                Working...
                                X