X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui SOPMOD M4

From a HK Site

Tokyo Marui SOPMOD M4 (Pre-Order)

An innovative new system from Tokyo Marui is adapted into this new M4 SOPMOD, including blowback system and also a lock-bolt function which stops the gun from firing on the last round of BB fired (this feature only activated using standard Tokyo Marui 82 round magazine specifically designed for this new M4)? just like the real gun and similar to the more expensive Systema PTW. Pop in a new fully loaded magazine, press on the bolt-release button on the side of the receiver and you are ready to fire again!

Employing the new SHOOT & RECOIL Engine Version 2, this new M4 is a blast to shoot with both sound and visual gratification to boot. The gun comes with a standard Tokyo Marui 82 round magazine but it can be set to work in 30rd mode for realism and to force reloads. The gun is of full aluminum (i.e. Full metal) construction with ABS stocks and grips for more realistic feel!

Compact dimensions of over 803mm(collapsed stock) to 878mm (extended stock) makes the gun very versatile. Uses a Tokyo Marui 8.4v 1300mah NiMH rechargeable battery (sold separately). Barrel length of 364mm.

Shooting this gun is a LOT of fun. The blow back feature coupled together with the empty-magazine bolt-lock and release function, and the configurable 30 round magazine ? makes this a very realistic gun perfect even for law enforcement training purposes! But if you are a gamer and prefer a high capacity magazine, there is also the optional Tokyo Marui 430 round hi-cap magazine which can satisfy your needs (the bolt-lock feature is disabled when the hi-cap magazine is used). Bravo to Tokyo Marui for this new innovative gun, showing it continues to be the leader in Airsoft innovation.

- This new M4 is not compatible with the standard Marui type M16/M4 magazine. You must purchase the new Tokyo Marui M4 SOPMOD magazine to work with this gun.......

only down side is TM Custom batteries.

Re: Tokyo Marui SOPMOD M4

Sounds really good, apart form the 1300mah battery... An affordable alternative to Systema at last.
    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I've seen a video of these on youlube. They look very nice and quite sturdy. Must say the bolt release "ping-pong paddle" mechanism looked solid and had a satisying sound (not quite like the real thing but pretty close).

It would be nice to see everyone using 30 round mags, high caps drive me nuts. Hopefully we'll see other type of aegs with this system for the sake of diversity!

Comment

sounds great but what are the internals like ? ie. the gearbox
        ive heard bad things bout marui m4s

Comment

Originally posted by sniperiain View Post
          ive heard bad things bout marui m4s
          Well whoever told you that was talking completely out of their ass.

I doubt this will pack a standard V2 gearbox anyway.
          Buy my stuff!

Comment

it has a new design gearbox i believe and has unique mags etc there is a large amount of info on ascuk if any1 is interested

Comment

Yeah i was looking forward to this one but just seen the pre-order price and it seems a bit steep

$470 for gun and midcap

then you got to get a special battery @ $58 and maybe a hi cap @ $44

so $572 ish and thats before shipping.
              Plus the dollar has got stronger against the pound..............joy!
              What did anyone else think of price?

Comment

Originally posted by Phatvortex View Post
                Well whoever told you that was talking completely out of their ass.

I doubt this will pack a standard V2 gearbox anyway.
                No, its the TM externals that are the problem, ie creaky plastic bodies, stocks, shaky ris rails... used to have the TM M4 A1 and it was arse. SR16's alright but as a whole most of their early guns apart from the AK were not that great externally and most clones of those early models are better and cheaper. I do however really like the way TM are reinventing themselves and putting themselves back in the forefront of the field with their new designs, as their blowback AKs were excellent and this looks like its shaping up nicely too!

Comment

Still though, it's another M4... But if there marketing for the combat trainning market it would make sense.
                  "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

This sound very very nice, but despite all the good things, i dont think its something i would go for. The fact id have about 30 unusable mags, would have to purchase more. Also, how does the blow back operate? It one of those ones that uses the batterys to operate it? Because there goes some of your juice for the game, meaning, if like me, you manage to use 2 or 3 batterys a day, your forking out mroe cash for spare batterys. I dont think the price is all that bad for what your getting, but adding all the extra things your going to have to buy i.e mags and batterys, slings, accessories... The cost is going to mount up. Also, how long do we all think it will last in the UK, what with our lovely weather. After a few trees, and the odd splattering of rain, i think it might start to have problems with this whole reloading and working parts forward thing.

The above taken into account, it sounds like its going to be a s*it hot gun, and as this stuff is only justb really getting brought into line, then maybe in a year or so any little kinks and problems will be ironed out.

Is this going to be compatable with other kit, such as Systema internals? And what are parts going to be like. Dont fancy buying this to find it needs super special internals that need importing and professionally installing, or your gun isnt going to feed...

Comment

they are doing a metalled body version btw. I believe some should be comming into a well known shop in uk soon. oh no ive said too much!!!
                      ADs

Comment

i saw this on youtube
                        looks pretty awesome.

BLOOD DRAGON Mk.IV STYLE / RELEASE THE DREMEL

Comment

Just seen that marui have also made ak74, and ak74su models that use similar systems. So opfor can play too! Yay, someone to shoot at!

Comment

And those AK74s are seriously nice pieces of kit...

Comment

Anyone seen a UK stockist for this yet?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X